NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Incredibly rare for a fantasy league to go a season without someone giving up / simply not caring enough to maintain it. This league being as close as it is has probably improved matters, with only one player (seemingly) having stopped playing.

At the end of the day though, its just a free fantasy league. Really not worth getting upset about - if this was a league for money I'd join in the outrage but it isn't. 

I accept its a shame for someone who's enjoying it to not get into the playoffs because of results involving people not playing going against them, because its more games to play - but its not really all that. Every season the playoffs are by far the least interesting part of a fantasy season. Enjoying the fantasy regular season is all that's important.

Not upset tbh, just think it's a bit poo given how tight it is and when it's a direct competition unlike say fantasy football. 

Come the final week it might not matter, but if anyone misses out on the play offs over wonky results through sides not fielding full strength teams kinda ruins it, maybe for myself or another team, whoever it is would have a right to be a bit miffed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Not upset tbh, just think it's a bit poo given how tight it is and when it's a direct competition unlike say fantasy football. 

Come the final week it might not matter, but if anyone misses out on the play offs over wonky results through sides not fielding full strength teams kinda ruins it. 

Agreed, I don't want to play against an incomplete team either, and as of yet I've not played against a team that's given up.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Agreed, I don't want to play against an incomplete team either, and as of yet I've not played against a team that's given up.

Of course, and maybe I am lowkey pre miffed ahead of the final week as I will be in that mix

Tucker beats Phyzekiel, finishes on 6-7

I lose to Rosen Ones thats me also on 6-7 and Rosen Ones 7-6

Jokers v Yippee Ki Yay, whoever wins goes 7-6 with the loser 6-7

It's likely one of us will miss out, and I don't want to pile on Tucker but that week 10 winning by 3pts against a team 2 men down, probably should have been 5-8.

You will probably beat Super Mario final week full strength or not and Tucker would have needed an extra 5 players to even tie with you this week, but it's the not fielding full teams which does me. All week to whack someone in, 2 mins at most, that's not even a full number 2 time in the morning.

25 minutes ago, David said:

On a lighter note, looks like trading is over now, be no email notifications going off all day with @jimbo jones wheeling and dealing.

He'll regret not trading for Gabriel before the deadline.

55 minutes ago, David said:

On a lighter note, looks like trading is over now, be no email notifications going off all day with @jimbo jones wheeling and dealing.

Wails of despair when I discovered this today ? I wanted one more attempt to get OBJ back from @Carnero ? other than that, it’s taken all season nearly but im happy with my squad.

@SaintRam I really won’t ? even if the turd is picking up points now ?

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Wails of despair when I discovered this today ? I wanted one more attempt to get OBJ back from @Carnero ? other than that, it’s taken all season nearly but im happy with my squad.

@SaintRam I really won’t ? even if the turd is picking up points now ?

Your team now looks the best its been all season - those RB's you picked up off waivers have really helped...  I was annoyed when you got to Chubb about an hour before me, and so it's proved!!

1 hour ago, David said:

It's likely one of us will miss out, and I don't want to pile on Tucker but that week 10 winning by 3pts against a team 2 men down, probably should have been 5-8.

on both head-to-head matchup & total points scored you are ahead of Tucker so surely win the tie break.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

You best hope Jimbo wins - on both head-to-head matchup & total points scored you are ahead of Tucker so surely win the tie break

Not so sure, RB’s are killing me and being near the top at the wrong time put me way down the waivers to do much.

Jags killed Hyde, Fournette killed Yeldon and now Flacco out has done Allen. Can’t catch a break. Was hopeful the Vikings would up the running game but nope.

Will be writing to the NFL to ban Fournette for a game after his round of boxing, if that works and with Kerryon Johnson and Melvyn Johnson both out for the Rosen Ones I might stand a chance.

44 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Your team now looks the best its been all season - those RB's you picked up off waivers have really helped...  I was annoyed when you got to Chubb about an hour before me, and so it's proved!!

I hope I get into the play-offs so my play for D'Onta Foreman actually has chance to do something ? 

Would be so me if I miss out on the play-offs and have just wasted a roster spot though.

Final little waiver plays getting rid of Dalton (I considered swapping Dalton for Tannehill before last week and should have - but it wouldn't have saved me) and then I think I'm locked in for the season.

18 hours ago, David said:

Will be writing to the NFL to ban Fournette for a game after his round of boxing, if that works and with Kerryon Johnson and Melvyn Johnson both out for the Rosen Ones I might stand a chance.

It worked!

Last game against Ramdale - if I win, I bring him down to our scoreline - I haven't done the maths into who would be top in such a scenario. If I lose he wins by at least one game and is no.1 seed.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Just missed out on the play offs it appears... Bring on the consolation. 

My TE Doyle is out for the rest of the season so waivers it is. 

I admire your dedication to the game whilst spending majority of the season rock bottom, unlike others. Ahem.

Just now, David said:

I admire your dedication to the game whilst spending majority of the season rock bottom, unlike others. Ahem.

And despite my results, I hadn’t given up either before anyone starts. My score this week would have faired better in 6 different games, but then this wouldn’t have created the toe nail biting last week

Archived