NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that’s my game over, Big Ben and a interception in the end zone. Was 108 v 134, a TD and overtime would have given me a chance to pull it back ?

106 v 134, need a Murray game of his life, Fairburn kicking a few and Lewis to have a mare. 

Unlikely, big fat L

As expected - with Mahomes on Bye and Brees only throwing the ball to undrafted free agents I didn't stand much chance this week - but I don't mind. Although worrying that Zay Jones managed 0 points after being placed as the Bills #1 WR ? 

GG @Don't Panic

1 minute ago, David said:

Easy when the other team gives up. Makes it a pointless league when it’s so tight at the top. Don’t get it. 

While I agree - as of now its had no impact. Their teams were not capable of winning. 

And they haven't necessarily given up - they could have just forgotten about it this week/not had time etc. Its the first week either of them have failed to fill out a position.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

While I agree - as of now its had no impact. Their teams were not capable of winning. 

And they haven't necessarily given up - they could have just forgotten about it this week/not had time etc. Its the first week either of them have failed to fill out a position.

Full week to leave bye players in and empty slots? Nah. Poor excuse that. Especially when one side is 3 down and not likely to make any changes for the final week.

Been a fun tight league all season, but it’s kinda BS the last 2 weeks have ruined it. 

Hard to say what would have happened had they been active still. 

Full week to leave bye players in and empty slots?

To be fair my opponent is different to Super Mariota, he took a gamble on Randall Cobb being fit - by the time he was declared inactive their were no other players for him to play hence the slot became empty.

Not sure how you can quibble about one empty slot when I won by 63 points FFS.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Full week to leave bye players in and empty slots? Nah. Poor excuse that. Especially when one side is 3 down and not likely to make any changes for the final week.

Been a fun tight league all season, but it’s kinda BS the last 2 weeks have ruined it. 

Hard to say what would have happened had they been active still. 

Meh, I disagree but its not really worth a debate.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Meh, I disagree but its not really worth a debate.

Because it doesn’t effect you does it.

Looking back to week 11, Super Mario fielded a bye week defence and a kicker without a team. Lost by 3pts.

Tucker probably should have gone into this week 4-7 which would have moved Jokers and Golden Tate places up the table.

As I say it’s a tight league. When players give up it has a knock on effect across the league.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

To be fair my opponent is different to Super Mariota, he took a gamble on Randall Cobb being fit - by the time he was declared inactive their were no other players for him to play hence the slot became empty.

Not sure how you can quibble about one empty slot when I won by 63 points FFS.

An inactive player not only isn’t picking teams but isn’t active in waivers or trading as they have given up. 

Doesn’t matter what the scores were as you have no way of knowing what could have been.

An inactive player not only isn’t picking teams but isn’t active in waivers or trading as they have given up. 

Doesn’t matter what the scores were as you have no way of knowing what could have been.

Well I do, I'd have scored 137.62.

If Tucker had been able to play his ENTIRE ROSTER he still wouldn't score 137.62.

Daft argument.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Well I do, I'd have scored 137.62.

If Tucker had been able to play his ENTIRE ROSTER he still wouldn't score 137.62.

Daft argument.

One team for the last 2 weeks hasn't fielded full strength teams, one of those weeks 2 players down and lost by 3pts. He's unlikely to field a full strength team in the final week which so happens to benefit you.

What's daft is you're just looking at this one week scores but ignoring the bigger picture of how that effects the entire league.

Someone could miss out on the play offs or even get an easier tie in the final 8. You've seen the league, there's only one win in it for many teams. Tucker could probably still make play offs come the final week if Mr Tibbs has an off day, all because of that game v Super Mario who's given up.

It's been a laugh with the friendly banter all season, we both know you have the stronger team and I have no issues at all with losing games or finishing below you, I could still go on to finish in the play offs myself but that doesn't remove the BS ending to all this because some have given up completely.

6 minutes ago, David said:

One team for the last 2 weeks hasn't fielded full strength teams, one of those weeks 2 players down and lost by 3pts. He's unlikely to field a full strength team in the final week which so happens to benefit you.

What's daft is you're just looking at this one week scores but ignoring the bigger picture of how that effects the entire league.

Someone could miss out on the play offs or even get an easier tie in the final 8. You've seen the league, there's only one win in it for many teams. Tucker could probably still make play offs come the final week if Mr Tibbs has an off day, all because of that game v Super Mario who's given up.

It's been a laugh with the friendly banter all season, we both know you have the stronger team and I have no issues at all with losing games or finishing below you, I could still go on to finish in the play offs myself but that doesn't remove the BS ending to all this because some have given up completely.

Incredibly rare for a fantasy league to go a season without someone giving up / simply not caring enough to maintain it. This league being as close as it is has probably improved matters, with only one player (seemingly) having stopped playing - there's been two at least in all of my previous leagues and they had less members.

At the end of the day though, its just a free fantasy league. Really not worth getting upset about - if this was a league for money I'd join in the outrage but it isn't. 

I accept its a shame for someone who's enjoying it to not get into the playoffs because of results involving people not playing going against them, because its more games to play - but its not really all that. Every season the playoffs are by far the least interesting part of a fantasy season. Enjoying the fantasy regular season is all that's important - and it seems like you have been.

Archived