r4derby

NFL Fantasy 2018-19

2 hours ago, David said:

I signed up one night through boredom. I have no idea what I'm doing, only got to grasps with some of the actual game rules last year. 

Having adopted the Texans as my team to try and follow in a way, my knowledge so far is that JJ Watt has biceps larger than my waist, we have the best player nickname in the NFL with Honey Badger and Tom Brady at the Patriots is the most disliked human in America after Trump.

Oh, and the only draft I have ever done is wrote an email and forgot to send it.

I've got this in the bag.

I’ve watched sporadically over the years, but only really followed a whole season last time out for the first time, due to Monday’s being my day off and I could watch all the re runs of Sunday’s live games with my feet up while the kids were at school 😄 

also Viking’s are my team, so them not being rubbish for a change kept me interested. I went full on fan boy over the “Minneapolis miracle”

anyway ive done some mock drafts and joined a random league that’s doing a proper draft at 6pm, the players are listed highest rated first, so those of us with limited knowledge can just pick from the top, easy 😬😂

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve watched sporadically over the years, but only really followed a whole season last time out for the first time, due to Monday’s being my day off and I could watch all the re runs of Sunday’s live games with my feet up while the kids were at school 😄 

also Viking’s are my team, so them not being rubbish for a change kept me interested. I went full on fan boy over the “Minneapolis miracle”

anyway ive done some mock drafts and joined a random league that’s doing a proper draft at 6pm, the players are listed highest rated first, so those of us with limited knowledge can just pick from the top, easy 😬😂

So do we all need to be on one night and take it in turns to pick a player?

2 minutes ago, David said:

If your not online for the draft it auto picks for you, from the mock drafts i did it seems it always auto picks the highest rated player available, so it’s not a disaster, but personally I want to pick my own team. I’d rather have Cleveland Browns 3rd choice qb than Tom Brady in my team 😂

5 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty much.

Might be worth doing a couple of mock drafts on the website. I didn't have a clue the first time I did one and picked a QB with my first pick - wrong move. A few mock ones will get you an idea of what you want to be looking out for. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Pretty much.

Might be worth doing a couple of mock drafts on the website. I didn't have a clue the first time I did one and picked a QB with my first pick - wrong move. A few mock ones will get you an idea of what you want to be looking out for. 

Same, picked Rodgers first ever pick, now know that’s a real school boy error 😂

20 minutes ago, David said:

What’s the reasoning for not picking a QB first then, guessing it’s the point system?....not even looked at it yet

Also guess there’s plenty of good qb’s too go around a 10 team league, just done my other league real draft, I got Cam Newton pick 6 and Blake Bortles as backup qb with the last pick, which I think is decent.

1 hour ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Bortles isnt a good pick but Cam is a great pick. Usually goes around round 8 though. 

Last round for a back up qb is alright, there wasn’t much else left 😂

19 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

If your not online for the draft it auto picks for you, from the mock drafts i did it seems it always auto picks the highest rated player available, so it’s not a disaster, but personally I want to pick my own team. I’d rather have Cleveland Browns 3rd choice qb than Tom Brady in my team 😂

There is a ranking table you can go to, to set (every single bloody) player into order based on which you most want on your team, then the autopicker will choose the highest available ranked player from that list.

If you do not edit your list, by default it is set to their fantasy score from last season.

Edited by SaintRam

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Think I’ve just nabbed the last spot.

Massive shoutout to whoever came up with ‘Riding with Mahomies’, probably my fantasy nemesis @Broderick 👀

Oh crap, am I in the league this year? I totally forgot. I'll play if I'm still in it.