r4derby

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, David said:

I should have taken this 

D4BE7902-4200-466B-BE6A-F7E584441551.png

? you should have...

like I said earlier I was going on the reports that Dalvin Cook was back fit to play that weekend, and We hadn’t been doing much with the running game.

Cook stayed injured and Zimmer told DeFelippo we are running the Ball and we are running it loads, and we have done the last 3 games. Think it was the day after I cut Murray the Cook news broke, I remember swearing at my phone profusely and tried to get Murray back on waivers, but failed.

Swiped Andy Dalton in his Bye week - after negotiations fell through with Jimbo.

He's playing the Browns week 12 so I think he's my best option available for standing in during Mahomes' bye

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Swiped Andy Dalton in his Bye week - after negotiations fell through with Jimbo.

He's playing the Browns week 12 so I think he's my best option available for standing in during Mahomes' bye

Lack of options for QB with that bye week was on my mind...I forgot about Dalton. Had him for Newtons bye week @ he did alright (high teens I think) he’s a pretty solid back up option.

If I hadn't traded Stafford from @SaintRam I would have picked up Carr this week to cover Luck's bye week... with Carr only getting 7 points last night I'm gIad I got Stafford now, even if he does have a tough matchup this week against the Vikings I'd still expect mid-teens from him.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If I hadn't traded Stafford from @SaintRam I would have picked up Carr this week to cover Luck's bye week... with Carr only getting 7 points last night I'm gIad I got Stafford now, even if he does have a tough matchup this week against the Vikings I'd still expect mid-teens from him.

Weirdly, Stafford has been one of my two QBs in each of my last 5 seasons of fantasy. Only been my starter in one of those, mind. Always a trusty backup!

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Weirdly, Stafford has been one of my two QBs in each of my last 5 seasons of fantasy. Only been my starter in one of those, mind. Always a trusty backup!

The fantasy "experts" say we shouldn't carry a backup QB as it's a waste of a spot for a RB/WR... I'm not convinced!

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The fantasy "experts" say we shouldn't carry a backup QB as it's a waste of a spot for a RB/WR... I'm not convinced!

I kept a a back up until Newton’s bye week had passed, with him having a shoulder issue, im tempted to pick up a back up if a good option becomes available just in case. In a league this big QB options run out quickly.

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Fantasy "experts" say a lot of things, but they're usually always talking in the context of a "standard" league of 6-8 people, not deeper leagues like our 14, and at the very least a backup QB is trade value.

Besides there are only maybe 6 or 7 QBs who are going to give you solid fantasy points say 14 our of their 16 weeks. Every other QB is capable of being shut down, and its a lot of points to lose if they do.

15 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

No movement yet but looks like I've got my work cut out to catch you this weekend @jimbo jones

I started Carr and Richard in another league. ? Thank the lord I have no Raiders in this league. 

How on Earth did you end up with Carr?!

56 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

How on Earth did you end up with Carr?!

Luck on Bye and I had Tannehill as backup but he's out again so had to dip into the free agents. Carr was the best of a bad bunch, another 14 team league. Should have planned ahead, combined 12 points from them pair. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

No movement yet but looks like I've got my work cut out to catch you this weekend @jimbo jones

I started Carr and Richard in another league. ? Thank the lord I have no Raiders in this league. 

I started Jared Cook at TE in my other league ? Richard wasn’t far off his projected score, so it’s not to bad. As long as Diggs’ rib injury isn’t more serious than they are saying, I’m hopeful of a good week.  I Have some favourable matchups on paper, and you’ve got 3 big players on bye week, but we’ll see.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I started Jared Cook at TE in my other league ? Richard wasn’t far off his projected score, so it’s not to bad. As long as Diggs’ rib injury isn’t more serious than they are saying, I’m hopeful of a good week.  I Have some favourable matchups on paper, and you’ve got 3 big players on bye week, but we’ll see.

Yeah Richard did ok tbf, it looks better in our league though as we play a higher point scoring system than the other one. I know it's all relative but 5 points looks rubbish for the RB1 spot. 

Aye, going to need some big performances from my inconsistent benchers. We shall see.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Yeah Richard did ok tbf, it looks better in our league though as we play a higher point scoring system than the other one. I know it's all relative but 5 points looks rubbish for the RB1 spot. 

Aye, going to need some big performances from my inconsistent benchers. We shall see.

Yeah RBs that get involved in the passing game are more useful in this league, which is why I have Richard, those extra points for receptions drag the score up a bit.

2 minutes ago, David said:

You two are weird

I really need a decent defense for this one week to maximise my points, and Gabriel is a non-factor to me. He's probably my WR with the least potential for the rest of the season. 

This is a much better option for me than sending Gabriel to waivers for a worse DEF.

Jimbo's the only player with a second DEF. That's really the crux of this full week of trade malarky. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I really need a decent defense for this one week to maximise my points, and Gabriel is a non-factor to me. He's probably my WR with the least potential for the rest of the season. 

This is a much better option for me than sending Gabriel to waivers for a worse DEF.

Jimbo's the only player with a second DEF. That's really the crux of this full week of trade malarky. 

I literally looked at every team for a WR but I had nothing to offer anybody that I wanted to trade other than you needing a defence for next week. If you didn’t except they were going to be waivered.

@David I get that a lot...

Archived