Offrande Zanzala - Accrington Permanent deal

rynny

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Blimey like Vernam I thought he was a decent prospect but injuries haven’t helped his progress . One of these days our academy will produce a decent player for us. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey like Vernam I thought he was a decent prospect but injuries haven’t helped his progress . One of these days our academy will produce a decent player for us. 

Lowe, Thomas, Bogle, Bennett all seem to be around 1st team squad at the moment.  Elsnik, Sibley, Macdonald given squad numbers.

This had been on the cards for a while.  Like Vernam,,, didn;t exactly rip it up on loan last season.

Good for him to get a permanent move, and nice that we're getting players moving out with sell-on clauses rather than just letting contracts expire.  

Looks like we are being smarter about the young ones. ?

31 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Shame , but was never really going to make the step up , never thought he was technically good enough but hopefully I'm wrong and he does well. Hopefully we've dropped a nice little sell in clause in on him. Wonder what @Ninos thinks of this ?? 

Pretty sure he said Zanzala was better than Martin?

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's a good move for Offrande to League One - I hope he gets his chance for them this season.

I will miss his swashbuckling play for the under 23s and I hope he does well.

With Vernam and Zanazala gone who are our U23 forwards now?

27 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This had been on the cards for a while.  Like Vernam,,, didn;t exactly rip it up on loan last season.

Good for him to get a permanent move, and nice that we're getting players moving out with sell-on clauses rather than just letting contracts expire.  

Looks like we are being smarter about the young ones. ?

Yes it’s got to be a better business model letting them go with sell on percentages I’d imagine. As opposed to just keeping them and letting them go for free when it’s too late.

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

With Vernam and Zanazala gone who are our U23 forwards now?

The way sakes out are going, might even be a lucky dip between Jerome, Martin and Blackman. As all will need game time somewhere.

Pleased for Zanzala, gets a good chance of professional career here.

41 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Cameron Creswell and Lewis Walker.

Eyoma, Mitchell-Lawson, Gordon and McAllister attacking widemen. Although pre-season Gordon has been filling in at right back.

Lewis walker was very close to a loan move to Chesterfield last week, so clearly not planning the U-23 campaign around him.

Do think a reason why clubs such as Southampton ended up with lots of academy players breaking through was their fall into League One. When you're permanently competing at the very top of the Championship with the prospect of 100s of millions of pounds just around the corner, you're unlikely to blood as many youngsters. 

We might have taken a punt on young Offrande if lower down, say where the gumps live. But instead we've had to bring seasoned professionals in. Given he didn't get to play for Stanley last year, because their manager believes it's an 11-a-side game and not 14-a-side, I am a little surprised he's gone back. But a League One team on the rise is a pretty good move. Look forward to following his progress. 

Archived