Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cannable said:

The back five are making on average 273 passes a game out of a team average 481. 

Bryson’s averaging 46, with many of these going back to the centre-halves. 

Yes, but if 50-60 of those are by Keogh, why do we now have a positive (ok, not negative) goal difference?

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

Mount and Hughes would actually perfectly complement one another. I see Mount as much more of a Bryson style player (and, dare I say it, Lampard) than a playmaker. Hughes would knit it all together nicely.

Glad someone has said. Mount isnt Hughes, having both in the same team would be dreamy.

9 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I agree that he should be looking to improve that area of his game, but I do think when a more composed CDM (Huddlestone or Thorne) play in that role that it's there job to drop deep to collect the ball of the back 4 and then using their passing ability to find the more advanced midfielders in good positions, usually in between the opposite teams defence and midfield, this is where Mount is most effective too.

I honestly think the return of Huddlestone is the most important for this team, we're massively missing a calm experienced player in there who loves to get the ball off the back 4 and get us playing. Mark my words ? 

The Huddlestone effect 

Mount exudes class. He finds playing football rather easy. Difficult to imagine how good he may be after a year with Frank and Jody. 

Jody is a winner and he expects to win things with the Rams because he is outstanding. Surely Jody is the brains behind a lot of this. 

With Mount I just find myself wanting him on the ball more. He plays really high up doesn't he? 

I like that you can always see what he's trying to do. You have a zoomed out tv view of the match and he sees that pass that you wanted him to see. Doesn't always nail it but he's had a decent start and the stuff he's trying just makes you think there's going to be one hell of a highlight reel if we can get him the ball as much as possible 

He's fantastic on the ball, and gets himself into really nice attacking positions, but it would help us if he came and showed for the ball more often. He's playing similar to how Alli plays at Spurs, really highly pushed up, almost like an attacker at times, he's clearly a good player though. 

Hard to find fault really. He does play almost like a 10 rather than a mid but I'm sure his game will develop over the season and he'll be more 'complete' as a player. It's a frightening prospect that though thankfully not for us. We're very lucky to have the lad IMO.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's 4 goal in the first 7 games. I know 2 of those goal were in the cup, but I was still surprised to see him 100/1 for Championship top scorer. I've gone for an each-way flutter on the boy.

33/1 for Championship POTS as well

On 28/08/2018 at 23:23, JoeDerby said:

He’s 19 years old. 

we’re really lucky to have him here, enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Yes that's right. Perhaps best that we continue to strengthen other areas of the team. Being dependent on a high performing loan player could leave a void that becomes difficult to fill. 

Archived