Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

What are our thoughts on his progress and development?  Seems to me, on the basis l don’t hear his name reported so much in match threads, that he has lost a bit of his va va voom of late.  Is he finding it tougher than expected, and is he really ready for first team action at Chelsea next season?  What do you guys think?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What are our thoughts on his progress and development?  Seems to me, on the basis l don’t hear his name reported so much in match threads, that he has lost a bit of his va va voom of late.  Is he finding it tougher than expected, and is he really ready for first team action at Chelsea next season?  What do you guys think?

I personally think he’s not getting as much of the action as earlier in the season, well it seems like it, unless we are getting more used to his involvement and he’s not standing out so much.  It’s a weird one, I’d rather have him in the team than not though.

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He is still playing well. 

He played well yesterday I just expect it now. I doubt you’ll hear much unless he does something outstanding. I always think you need to do the basics right which he does.

Mount came with all the promise of a world beater and he showed glimpses of it during the early days of his loan.

Wilson came as a bit if an unknown and started slow but has started to tear the division up recently.

Mount isn't playing poor and probably puts in a 7/10 game and above most games, it's just that Harry Wilson is shaping up to be the next Gareth Bale and is taking all the lime light.

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Think he's inching his way back to top form. I'm going to find a Mount to score at any time and Derby to win bet online somewhere to spice up my viewing anxiety pleasure on Monday week.

Disclaimer - I've only landed one proper footy bet in the last season and a half save for those where I simply opposed any Bris selections where I enjoyed a nigh-on 100% strike rate

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Think he's inching his way back to top form. I'm going to find a Mount to score at any time and Derby to win bet online somewhere to spice up my viewing anxiety pleasure on Monday week.

Disclaimer - I've only landed one proper footy bet in the last season and a half save for those where I simply opposed any Bris selections where I enjoyed a nigh-on 100% strike rate

Not fair on he bookies is it though

I’ve thought a lot about mount and I think he’s actually at his best when Nugent plays... well that’s certainly when he has the most tangible impact. Think because Nugent drops deeper it allows mount to get more in and around the box, whereas he has to stay a little deeper when Marriott plays, hence why he scored more goals in the early season than now, and I think why he had the most noticeable impact in a while last weekend against Swansea.

Not that we shouldn’t be playing Marriott or anything, or that it’s a particular problem that mount ends up slightly deeper because he’s still been putting in excellent performances in terms of winning the ball back and battling away. Just have to be aware that he isn’t nesserecerily gonna be banging in worldies every week... but that’s ok so long as Wilson and Marriott are and he’s still doing his job which he has been. Nothing to be concerned about imo.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve thought a lot about mount and I think he’s actually at his best when Nugent plays... well that’s certainly when he has the most tangible impact. Think because Nugent drops deeper it allows mount to get more in and around the box, whereas he has to stay a little deeper when Marriott plays, hence why he scored more goals in the early season than now, and I think why he had the most noticeable impact in a while last weekend against Swansea.

Not that we shouldn’t be playing Marriott or anything, or that it’s a particular problem that mount ends up slightly deeper because he’s still been putting in excellent performances in terms of winning the ball back and battling away. Just have to be aware that he isn’t nesserecerily gonna be banging in worldies every week... but that’s ok so long as Wilson and Marriott are and he’s still doing his job which he has been. Nothing to be concerned about imo.

Interesting theory.

I noticed how deep he was coming first half yesterday but hadn't actually thought of the reasons behind it.

16 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think it would help if either Bryson, Johnson or Holmes were playing consistently well. We played, and so did he, the best when he had the quality and form of Wilson next to him in the middle.

I think the same. However, Wilson is really effective goal scoring wise at the moment so I think we should play Wilson as high up the pitch as possible. I’d like to see Holmes have an extended run in the team in the midfield alongside Mount and Huddlestone. Scunny fans said he was really effective in the middle of the pitch when he had an extended run in their side and could drift out wide if the full backs needed defensive support.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interesting theory.

I noticed how deep he was coming first half yesterday but hadn't actually thought of the reasons behind it.

Yeah it is just that, a theory. Just seemed too much of a coincidence when he was getting im the box so much last weekend, which he hadn’t been so much. Not that I care where he is as long as he’s playing well, just an observation

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No reason why Nugent couldn't take Lawrence's place. More combattive and more of a team player.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No reason why Nugent couldn't take Lawrence's place. More combattive and more of a team player.

While both points are true, I don’t think Nugent can be anything but a striker. Doesn’t really have the skill and technique needed to play wide- which Lawrence does have, just doesn’t use to effect well enough.

Archived