Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Or two with Abraham.

Here's hoping.

Wonder if Vydra not going makes Abraham more realistic. We certainly aren't going to give Ipswich £8m, so if we can shunt out Blackman and Jerome it could still be feasible. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Even without dominating the game last night, you could just tell that he’s a class above and shouldn’t be playing in this league.

Completely agree. Thought you could see he was a class above by some of the balls he was attempting. The passes didn’t always come off but his vision was something else, I feel that when he’s settled in to the team a bit more he could absolutely tear teams to pieces.

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Even without dominating the game last night, you could just tell that he’s a class above and shouldn’t be playing in this league.

So are Derby! ? Hopefully we'll both be back where we belong next season. 

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

this kid oozes quality, absolutely a future England star. 

His touch and awareness and goal scoring ability for a 19 year old kid is frightening, he's going all the way to the top!

Looks better than Lingard when he was on loan and I thought he had potential; Mount is already looking more advanced at an even younger age.

This kid will make the Premier league with someone, just like we always knew Hughes would.

Just now, Zag zig said:

Looks better than Lingard when he was on loan and I thought he had potential; Mount is already looking more advanced at an even younger age.

This kid will make the Premier league with someone, just like we always knew Hughes would.

Absolutely, he looks twice the player of Lingard and 3 years younger than when he was here too!

Hughes was very very good but this guy has that little bit more about him in my honest opinion, especially in terms of goals and assists.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I’ve actually been a bit disappointed with him so far. 

He is clearly hugely talented, but I don’t think we’ve seen him anywher near his best yet. He’s gone quiet in spells when he’s been marked out of the game, and we won’t see the best from him until he works out what to do when that happens.

That’s not a criticism of him, I’m just optimistic that he can be better. 3 goals is an excellent return as well, even though he’s not set the world on fire yet - another mark of a good player.

20 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Absolutely, he looks twice the player of Lingard and 3 years younger than when he was here too!

Hughes was very very good but this guy has that little bit more about him in my honest opinion, especially in terms of goals and assists.

You think? 

I’ve honestly been thinking I’d rather have a 19-year old Hughes linking play and controlling games than a 19-year old Mount scoring goals. 

So far he’s been pure numbers, he needs to start showing for the ball more.

Archived