18. Closed

19. It's

20. Basically

21. Near

22. Enough 

23. Impossible

24. Nottingham Forest

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

You think Rotherham will stay up? Interesting. 

Yes, Rotherham remind me of a couple of other 'no hopers' who have gone up the last couple of seasons, and stayed up. Some interesting movement too in the off season.

Promotion candidates, I'm going for three of these eight teams: West Brom, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, Derby County, Brentford, Preston, Sheffield United

Relegation candidates, I'm going for three of these eight teams: Wigan, Bolton, Hull, Reading, Ipswich, Rotherham, QPR, Swansea.

Usually at least one of the relegation teams flop. I can’t see all three finishing in the top six. One will finish lower midtable. Hopefully Stoke. But WBA and Swansea both have rookie managers in this league. So who knows.

There tends to be a surprise too. I wouldn’t be shocked to see QPR do well with McClaren if they stay injury free.

They already have a pretty good basis for 433 with Luongo at DM, Matt Smith as the battering ram upfront. Plenty of young players there too like the fullbacks Furlong and Bidwell, Sean Goss in midfield. I’m not sure about their wide players, but they’ve got a fresh looking group there.

1    West brom 
2    Villa 
3    Leeds
4    Stoke 
5    Derby
6    Forest
7    Mboro
8    Bristol
9    Sheff wed
10    Brentford
11    Norwich
12    Sheff utd
13    Swansea
14    Birmingham
15    Millwall
16    Reading
17    Hull 
18    Preston
19    Wigan 
20    Qpr
21    Blackburn
22    Bolton
23    Ipswich 
24    Rotherham

On 30/07/2018 at 11:13, David said:

Come on then, let's hear them, see who can call this seasons rogue team in the promotion mix and claim superior knowledge come May.

Automatic Promotion (2 teams only):

Play Offs (4 teams only):

Bottom 3 (3 teams only): 

1 Derby

2 WBA

---------------------

3 Forest (Play Offs) 

4 Stoke 

5 Boro

6 Leeds 

----------------------

18 Reading

19 Bolton

20 Rotherham

Anyone seen the article online on Bristol citys DET equivalent.

Where all the regional sports writers give their predictions, one or two writers predicting Derby to go up. Unbelievable arrogance from Paul taylor at the Notingham post as he predicts Forest will get promoted. Thankfully Steve Nicholson doesnt have the same level of arrogance about Derby.

Nice article in the Guardian today where fans from the EFL predict their team's season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/02/championship-2018-19-fans-clubs-preview-season

Interesting to see Leeds and Boro fans not expecting much this season.

Most optimistic are Derby, Forest and Stoke fans. 

If those are the top 3 teams come Easter there will be some good local banter to be had.

Archived