18/19 Championship Predictions

David

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Anyone seen the article online on Bristol citys DET equivalent.

Where all the regional sports writers give their predictions, one or two writers predicting Derby to go up. Unbelievable arrogance from Paul taylor at the Notingham post as he predicts Forest will get promoted. Thankfully Steve Nicholson doesnt have the same level of arrogance about Derby.

Why is it arrogant of him to suggest Forest will get promoted?

Aitor Karanka is like a Billy Davies type. Annoyingly good at setting his team up to be hard to beat and getting results at Championship level. He took a porous Boro side who were 16th (similar to Forest) midway through the season and in his first full season at the club they finished 4th on 85 points. His second full season they finished 2nd on 89 points.

This summer at Forest he's spent like £25 million plus, and he's been aided by another two highly-rated young loan players.

With Karanka's excellent record at this level plus their summer investment only a fool would not back them for a promotion challenge. You think they spent £25m this summer to be happy with midtable?

While I don't think they will finish 1st. They for me are certanties for a top six spot.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why is it arrogant of him to suggest Forest will get promoted?

Aitor Karanka is like a Billy Davies type. Annoyingly good at setting his team up to be hard to beat and getting results at Championship level. He took a porous Boro side who were 16th (similar to Forest) midway through the season and in his first full season at the club they finished 4th on 85 points. His second full season they finished 2nd on 89 points.

This summer at Forest he's spent like £25 million plus, and he's been aided by another two highly-rated young loan players.

With Karanka's excellent record at this level plus their summer investment only a fool would not back them for a promotion challenge. You think they spent £25m this summer to be happy with midtable?

While I don't think they will finish 1st. They for me are certanties for a top six spot.

I put money on them finishing bottom half, again. I don't buy it. Candido Costa x3. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

League sorting rules: correct guesses, correct top 6, fewest guesses, alphabetical)
Promotions/relegations: 3 go up, 5 go down

1. @RamNut - 7 (only non-cheat to guess Ipswich to go down)
2. @McRainy - 6
3. @Dimmu - 6
-------------------------
4. @Jimbo Ram - 6
5. @Mostyn6 - 6
6. @Pearl Ram - 6
7. @Ramchester - 6
8. @David - 5
9. @EnigmaRam - 5
10. @maxjam - 5
11. @Parsnip - 5
12. @Rample - 5
13. @thederbyram - 5
14. @Topram - 5
15. @GenBr - 4
16. @Andicis - 4
17. @Jourdan - 4
18. @McLovin - 4
19. @Abu Dhabi Ram - 3 (didn't guess any to be relegated)
20. @86 points - 3
21. @bx3 - 3
22. @zaragozaram - 3
--------------------------
23. @Bris Vegas - 3
24. @reveldevil - 1 (only guessed Derby to be top 6)
25. @Grimbeard - 1
26. @Paul71 - 0 (only guessed Forest to win)
27. @WystonRam - 0 (guessed Forest, Stoke, Leeds bottom 3)

Disqualified for cheating: @Ambitious - 7 (chose 8 to finish top 6 and 8 to get relegated - still couldn't guess Leeds or Norwich)

Archived