Wendies

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is the first time, after 22 years as a manager, that I work with the same team from the start of pre-season to the new season but it is how it is.

"I must respect the situation.

"I try to have patience, and I have trust in the way I work with my team every day. That gives me the motivation to work very intensively with them. Hopefully, we can find a good start to the season and have success with each other."

Either embargo or not a penny in the pot. I would say embargo though as if it was no money in the pot I think the manager would be more open, maybe questioning the owners. But saying he needs patience says it's more than that, and without concrete offers for players leaves them completely stuck.

Be interesting to see how they get on this season, they still have a bunch of footballers at the club that can play, but a flat/frustrating season ahead for their fans.

I’ve got to be careful with the winding up over this.

My track record is not fantastic.

I remember gloating over Nick Blackman signing for us and then causing all sorts of trouble when I spoke to Forestieri after we had(allegedly)bid 7 million for.

I’ll try and keep my trap shut and see how things pan out.

36 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don’t know!!!!?

Love Owlstalk.

I genuinely do like Owlstalk. It's got a big user base with varying opinions and it's one of the few football forums besides this one that doesn't give you eye cancer when you try to read it. I'm also a big fan of their Blakey and Sid James reaction images.

Wednesday are sound, decent club. A lot of their fans seem more bothered about chants or attendances than the actual results but they're a good bunch in the main. Shitty place to be if it is an embargo, could have been us. Could be us next year. We'd be deserving of everything we're calling them in this thread. 

They need to out that ducking band though, christ. 

Apparently Mansfield have reported Wednesday to the police for alleged racism against Krystian Pearce in their pre season friendly. It never rains, but it pours. The referee didn't report anything at the time, so I don't see how Mansfield expect any action to be taken when it's one person's word against another. Check out Forestieri's textbook challenge in the clip in the link;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45012587

Archived