What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

38 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

With Marriott FL said he wanted to integrate him properly into the squad, may be the same with GT, make sure he is fully up to speed before putting him in the first team. 

He won't integrate him into the squad sending him to train with the under 23s!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, angieram said:

He won't integrate him into the squad sending him to train with the under 23s!

I was thinking more maybe along the lines of sending him to the U23's and saying to him get fit, have a few games, make/receive a few crunching tackles without the pressure of first team football.

I'm a fan of both George and Chris, but I suspect they've played their last 1st team football for Derby under the current regime, unless we're decimated by injuries.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's been a fair while since they've performed at a level that would make them integral to this team, for various reasons beyond their control.

The above should guarantee them both starts tonight.

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I think frank owes it to CM and JT due to previous seasons to give them a start tonight. Even if he has no plans for them. He may get a surprise or another club may want to pick them up for a loan to a future purchase. 

Sorry, but Lampard doesn't owe anything to anyone with respect to team selection.

1 hour ago, NorfolkRam said:

He's going to make a fair few changes tonight. Take CM as the easy example. say he's not involved, does FL say he isn't fir? I don't think many would buy that as he has had ample minutes for the U23's to get at least half an hour in the league cup. When you look realistically, Nugent won't travel as we have two new strikers itching for minutes, the the system you can only start one of them, potentially put MW on the wing but then you take that away from the wingers that need minutes, so say like the last LC game Marriott starts with MW on the bench and MW comes on, theirs no place for Martin. If he can't even get game time in a league cup round 2 game then how is he ever going to get game time in the league?

Sort of comment I’d expect from @coneheadjohn......?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. But when he came in he said the standard 'everyone has a clean slate'.

Show it on the training pitch, get picked. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Massively disappointed that he's not even on the bench.

Gutted. Thanks for the memories, George. Hope you do really well wherever you end up. I still think we might look back and regret this. 

Archived