v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst I am extremely optimistic about us this season we have to remember Reading scored 7 goals against us to our 5 last season when we again proved that Reading always look good against us because we let them - let’s keep a clean sheet and shell their goal 

'Because we let them'. Rowett sat deep and let them play their football.

I expect Lampard to press high and get at their back 4, which knowing how they play and Paul Clement, will see a lot of the ball.

I think Reading's style of play will fall into our hands, over playing at the back, we will press high and force them into mistakes.

Derby 2-0 win. 

So excited ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

'Because we let them'. Rowett sat deep and let them play their football.

I expect Lampard to press high and get at their back 4, which knowing how they play and Paul Clement, will see a lot of the ball.

I think Reading's style of play will fall into our hands, over playing at the back, we will press high and force them into mistakes.

Derby 2-0 win. 

So excited ?

Reading I fear are potential relegation candidates this year. I don't expect Clement to make it to Christmas.  

We need to take advantage and not mess about like last year.  I game we ought to be winning and I fully expect we will.

This is all going to be pretty by the numbers. 

Team picks itself:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Ledley

Bryson Mount

Wilson Nugent Lawrence

They're going to put bodies behind the ball, we're going to have to be patient. 

As much as Nugent is a hard worker I don't see him as a prolific scorer anymore, thankfully we have a couple of players capable of the odd moment of magic and I think (hope) that will scrape us a narrow win. Once we find our feet, totally different story, and we'd batter them. 

16 hours ago, lakesidepair said:

Any suggestions on where to park? Pre match pubs?

in my experience those 2 are mutually exclusive. There are a couple of industrial estates on the other side of the dual carriageway from the stadium that offer parking in various places. Some are pre-booked only but others are pay on the day and are typically a tenner.

The pubs are sadly all in the town centre (it isn't a city btw).

Can't wait to go to this tomorrow... 1 more sleep!

Anyone have any idea if there'll be pay on the day? Planning to drag my mate along who lives in Reading, just looked on website and there's only 61 seats, so probably not likely?

On 01/08/2018 at 14:45, angieram said:

People always say we never do well at Reading but I've never seen us lose there.

I'm going on Friday.

Same for me ........................................... BUT I'm not there Friday. 

5 hours ago, Rample said:

This is all going to be pretty by the numbers. 

Team picks itself:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Ledley

Bryson Mount

Wilson Nugent Lawrence

They're going to put bodies behind the ball, we're going to have to be patient. 

As much as Nugent is a hard worker I don't see him as a prolific scorer anymore, thankfully we have a couple of players capable of the odd moment of magic and I think (hope) that will scrape us a narrow win. Once we find our feet, totally different story, and we'd batter them. 

Nugent hat-trick then! ? Let's hope

On 29/07/2018 at 12:18, Ruda Harliss said:

Whilst I do appreciate what Nuge brings to the team, I thought the need for an in form clinical striker was our only shortcoming. I know he had a tap in from an incredible keogh header and the assist , but I couldn’t help worrying about the two he missed early on that should be bread and butter to a goal scorer. Also when he broke through first half he was forced to shoot far too far out, as I think he knew the pace isn’t there anymore. So while I’m sure there’s a place for him in some capacity this season, I hope Marriott will be on the bench, as can’t help feeling he can get a bagful with this team. 

I'm sure FL realises that Nugent isn't going to be bagging 20 goals or anything like it. Hard worker, but as you point out, that's not quite enough. 

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

But according to your profile your birthday is on Sunday.

200.gif

Sunday it is then. ?

Spent so much time thinking about upcoming season that I muffrumbled by birthday day.

Rampage... What a fartero!

Just on my way from Reading to London for the precursor to the main event this evening ( work always gets on the way) will leave early and see all of you at Reading station on my return.

go home get into the black and white, pick up my daughter and her boyfriend and get to the match

really excited now, cannot wait come on you Rams ? let’s start with a win for Frank the Rams Derby army 

have a good Feeling about today and this season 

PistoldPete2

Team selection? Vydra, Martin and Thorne presumably not fit for selection, Anya,Hanson, Blackman and Butterfield out of contention.  

Only doubts for me are at CDM, winger and CF. Marriott must be lacking match practice so Nuge to start. 

Carson, wisdom, Lowe, hud, Keogh, Davies, Bryson, mount, Lawrence , nugent, Wilson.

subs Mitchell, fozzy, Evans, Ledley, FloJo, Marriott, jerome.

tough on Johnson, Pearce, Bennett and Thomas not to be in the squad but we still have a very large squad. 

Archived