Won 3 Drew 5 Lost 13

Last 5 at Reading 

Mar 14 drew 0-0

Oct 14 won 0-3

Sept 15 won 0-1

Oct 16 drew 1-1

Feb 18 drew 3-3 

Means nothing but I was bored at work 

People always say we never do well at Reading but I've never seen us lose there.

I'm going on Friday.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction for the starting 11 is exactly the same as started against Wolves.

With Thomas a doubt, i'll guess that Josefzoon will come on for either Wilson or Lawrence. Nugent will run himself dry & be replaced by Mason Bennett leaving one other sub for a tiring Bryson or Ledley - this assuming that we don't get any injuries.

One thing I noticed from the friendlies was the outstanding Max Lowe faded second half - hopefully he has just been saving himself ( i know he came off in each half as you would expect but his penetrating runs seemed to reduce )

90 minutes will be required from at least 8 of our players but the great thing was that in the friendlies the replacements just seemed to effortlessly fit in to the system.

Also, our pre season opponents would probably not have set out with a plan to 'stop' us as that's not really the purpose of those games. Clement will have a plan to disrupt our flow

However, what I do think is that we are ready to hit the ground running rather that take a few games to get up to speed - i'm very positive about the forthcoming season generally

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

@archied mate you're against everything until someone points out the error of your ways! ? ? 

? I’m proper go with the flow for lampard ,, so looking forward to this season 

My mate who supports them says that Gunter is now out injured for a few weeks, Blackett is suspended, Moore most likely won't be involved due to requesting a move away, Obita is still out so at left back they'll probably have to use a 19 year old who's missed a lot of pre-season and then they've also got a couple of attacking injuries. They have however managed to sign Baldock so he'll probably start, but all in all it's not looking great over there and on paper it's probably one of the more favourable games you're likely to get on opening day

No pressure Frank 

Same 11 as Wolves.

Think this game is made for us. Signing baldock while he’s a good player won’t make a difference to the result.

I think we’ll get off to a flyer and our fixture list through to October is pretty good, opportunity to cash in get a good start and build momentum 

.......but wait........this is derby! When do we ever start well???

3 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Think we all know the starting XI now: 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Bryson Ledley Mount 

Wilson Nugent Lawrence

shame Marriott isn’t fit. Would think Bennett and Jozefoon will get game time. Should be enough to beat Reading.

Marriott not fit to play any part?

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

Marriott not fit to play any part?

Would think he could get 20 minutes from what ive been reading, but wouldnt be surprised if a fully fit Bennett is brought on down the middle going on preseason - he deserves it. 

Whilst I am extremely optimistic about us this season we have to remember Reading scored 7 goals against us to our 5 last season when we again proved that Reading always look good against us because we let them - let’s keep a clean sheet and shell their goal 

The good pubs are miles away from the ground. The only one I can recommend personally is the Monks Retreat as they do at least 4 decent ales, it's fairly big and open and it was a good atmosphere last time I was there. Seem to remember it being about an hour's walk to the ground tho unless you take the bus :( 

Archived