v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Despite Paul Clement doubtless gracing us with his presence, I reckon we'll start with the expected Reading lineup

Reading have their own friendly at 3pm , so I am guessing a mini-me will  attend, who, looking at their results haven't won a game yet

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Not sure what the best outcome would be, a hard fought win/draw

or a wake up 0-4 hammering!

Hopefully its a 2-0 win, which they owe us.

If we lose it is about performance, fitness and giving players a chance to shine. 

If we draw it is because we have tenacity, stuck to the game plan and we will be ready for the start of the season. 

If we win it is because we have taken on a new work ethic, bought into the vision and because we have have players hungry for success. 

If we do not turn up it is because the bus broke down. 

All good fun till we play Reading for three points. COYR

Can see Jerome starting today if he has fully recovered. Nugent played a lot recently & sounds like Marriott isnt ready to start, can see Marriott getting 30-35mins similar to FloJo. Not sure if Bryson will start with this apparent knock, probably Johnson. Heard Lampard is a big fan of Johnson so cant see him leaving this window, he is a good solid backup option to Bryson/Mount imo

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can see Jerome starting today if he has fully recovered. Nugent played a lot recently & sounds like Marriott isnt ready to start, can see Marriott getting 30-35mins similar to FloJo. Not sure if Bryson will start with this apparent knock, probably Johnson. Heard Lampard is a big fan of Johnson so cant see him leaving this window, he is a good solid backup option to Bryson/Mount imo

Good calls. 

Think you're right about Johnson especially, given the freedom to attack without constantly protecting the back four could be his saving grace. 

Positionally he's often spot on for shots, if Lampard can utilise him as the midfield runner this year he could have a good a season as anyone

Don't usually do friendlies but am going to this one. I want to see for myself the level of fitness , motivation and style of play and also show my support before the season starts for Lampard and his team. Feeling really excited about this season and want to play a very small part of it right from the start. Who else is going?

17 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Reading seem to have their own problems. I can't recall them making signings and their centre half Liam Moore has requested a transfer.

Signed a bunch, Meyler, Yiadom, O’Shea, McNulty, a keeper and a young CB from Ajax

Can't make the match today so was thinking of spending a fiver to watch it on RamsTV, what's the score with that?

I have a Fan ID etc but do I need to subscribe to anything first or can I just buy the match stream?

2 minutes ago, nick_d said:

Can't make the match today so was thinking of spending a fiver to watch it on RamsTV, what's the score with that?

I have a Fan ID etc but do I need to subscribe to anything first or can I just buy the match stream?

Just login and purchase the one game for the fiver, you don’t need any other subscription 

28 minutes ago, nick_d said:

Well worth it if you cant make it.you just pay with your card.i was pleasantly suprised how good it is

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

Don't usually do friendlies but am going to this one. I want to see for myself the level of fitness , motivation and style of play and also show my support before the season starts for Lampard and his team. Feeling really excited about this season and want to play a very small part of it right from the start. Who else is going?

I am going. Wolves are bringing over 2000 so I hope we have a decent turnout or They'll completely outsing us!

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I am going. Wolves are bringing over 2000 so I hope we have a decent turnout or They'll completely outsing us!

Another reason, along with the Edworthy words of wisdom ("certainly is") to turn the volume to mute if you're watching at home. 

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Well I'd say in this 4 3 3 he'd fit really well. It suits a big lad up front in the middle and Waghorn's built like a brick shithouse. So the question could possibly be where does it leave Marriott?

If we sign Waghorn then Wilson moves over to the left, Waghorn on the right and Lawrence on the bench.

...and rotate depending on how the game is going.

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

If we sign Waghorn then Wilson moves over to the left, Waghorn on the right and Lawrence on the bench.

...and rotate depending on how the game is going.

Striker to winger? Ah the Derby way.

2 hours ago, David said:

Signed a bunch, Meyler, Yiadom, O’Shea, McNulty, a keeper and a young CB from Ajax

Yiadom isn't bad. Meyler and O'Shea are a bit passed it and McNulty is nothing special. having said that reading were a bogey team last season.

Archived