David Nugent

LB_DCFC

Ship Nuge to Sheff Utd. Sell Martin to QPR. Flytip Blackman into a hedge somewhere. Rob Leeds United blind over Vydra.

Then bring in Marriot and Abraham.... Is there a Colin Gibson quote which covers how that would make us all feel?

(I guess we could keep Jerome in case we ever need an emergency return to #VivaLaSh*thouse)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

An anyone realistically expect to get over £2 mil because I can’t. 33 with a year left in contract. 

Woukd ratger see Jerome and Blackman go first but can’t see Nuge as a starter. He would never finish a full match!

I can see him starting matches but definitely not managing 90 minutes. I reckon with maximum input the most he can mange is now an hour.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not when paid 1.3m for him at the time.

I think we paid 2.5 mill for him but that was nearly 18 months ago....he is out of contract in a year and not getting any younger..be around £500,000 in my view....but imagine he is on a decent wage....

Think of him and Jerome he suits the system more, so I’m inclined to say keep him as cover to a new man. That said he’s only backup so if the fee is big enough we should let him go, he’s definately replaceable. Sadly the replacement might not be as likeable though.

19 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Get rid, need to reduce squad and wages,won't be worth anything next season sure we can get £2 mill for him and let lamps bring in Abraham and pay £4 mill to posh with ads one to get the deal over the line?

You sure we will get 2 mill??? Don't think so.....

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

1.5 mill would be decent deal

2 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

£1 million and that would represent good business. Gets him off our wage bill, he must be on 20-25k a week. We have far to many players and i would except offers for nearly all of them except carson, davis, huddlestone, wisdom.

You would be suprised how much he’s on and it would be a hefty chunk saved from the rumour I heard. I definitely couldn’t believe it when I got told. Put it this way he’s up there with the top earners at the club !! 

I would sell for £500k 

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Get rid, need to reduce squad and wages,won't be worth anything next season sure we can get £2 mill for him and let lamps bring in Abraham and pay £4 mill to posh with ads one to get the deal over the line?

No chance of £2 mil,more like £400k it’s the wages he’s on that’s the problem. Love the guy but he’s looking his age I’m afraid so take the small fee and wish him well a great pro ?

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If they want him they will pay good money, cost us £2.5 m and we don't need to sell him ,Don't owe them anything ,more than capable of bagging 15 goals a season so don't understand why we would sell for anything less than  over a mill.

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

If they want him they will pay good money, cost us £2.5 m and we don't need to sell him ,Don't owe them anything ,more than capable of bagging 15 goals a season so don't understand why we would sell for anything less than  over a mill.

When did he last score over 15 goals in a season?

Just now, Woodley Ram said:

How many assists ?

No idea to be honest I really like the guy I just wish he was 5 or 6 years younger when he was scoring for fun every time he played against us,he more than puts a shift in but at 33 and probably one of our higher earners I would listen to offers.

51 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

You would be suprised how much he’s on and it would be a hefty chunk saved from the rumour I heard. I definitely couldn’t believe it when I got told. Put it this way he’s up there with the top earners at the club !! 

I would sell for £500k 

Bloke in the pub?!?

Archived