David Nugent

LB_DCFC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

They are offering some big money for Waghorn at the moment. If we get offered a decent fee (similar to what we paid?), that could contribute to Marriott, then it would be an interesting decision to make. Personally, i’d like to see him stay 

If we got the £2.5m back we paid for him, I'd sell in a heartbeat. Probably would sell for half of that actually. Seems like a good character to have around, but that can only go so far. Hasn't performed well since Millwall at home in December really. 1 year left on contract, and if he can contribute a significant amount towards Marriott, No brainer really

Think I'd rather be rid of Jerome than Nugent, as the latter appears to fit Lampard's high press more than CJ on the evidence I've seen.

Love Nugent's infectious enthusiasm and all round attitude, the sort you want around the place. Not to say that CJ has a bad attitude.

But if it means getting a fair chunk of cash towards Marriott, then lets do it.

He’s not a player we’re going to get big money for, so if we need to sell to buy I doubt this will contribute massively.

Nugent, even though I wouldn’t have him starting much, is far from the first striker I would like to see out of the door this summer. I think he could offer a lot off the bench, more so than Jerome or Martin as an impact player.

If we have to sell Vydra, and can get Marriott, I’d be happy with Marriott, Nugent & Bennett for the one striking position.

Jerome, Blackman & Martin to go ahead of Nugent in terms of both value to the squad and monetary terms.

Beggars can't be choosers. Agree with the other sentiments on here. There are many players we'd rather see leave before Nuge but he's not essential to the first team and we currently have enough players for three teams. So if it's a decent offer the club should accept it. 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Suspect we will only be left with one of those. But Blackman is looking nigh on impossible to shift, feel for him.

Oh for sure, I think we’d do extremely well to shift all the players we don’t need, particularly at this latter stage of the window.

Blackman is least likely because of the terms I expect he’s on combined with the fact that he’s done nothing either side of a half-season purple patch in his career.

Martin could feature in this squad. But I doubt he’ll be a regular starter and he’s the most likely to have interest elsewhere.

Jerome possibly could go at a loss but again I’d be surprised.

It does say a lot when we have five, arguably six first team players who are primarily a striker, in a formation where we only play one, yet it’s one position we’re in most urgent need of strengthening.

Nugent is one of those players that would be at the top of my list if I was creating a team for the dressing room, had his arm round Luke Thomas walking off at half time v Notts County, I’m no lip reader but looked to be praise for his performance which is great to see. 

Sadly the curtains are being drawn on his career on the pitch, he’s a player I would have loved to have seen at the club 6/7 years ago. With a year left on his deal, if a reasonable offer came in it wouldn’t be difficult to say no with the money going into the forward pot, an area of the team which an injection of young legs is desperately needed.

500,000 and you'd have to sell.

Nugent isn't going to be a regular, he's in his final year of his contract, we have as many as five centre-forwards already vying for just one position and it seems we're still interested in signing Marriott.

Moreover, he's 33. He's clearly lost a yard, that was evident during the last six months of last season.

Nuge is currently our main striker. Would have to make sure we landed someone sharpish if he went. 

Won't get near what we paid as he's 2 years nearer retirement. £500k and off the wage bill would be something though. 

Right attitude and hard worker but not the man to be anyone's first choice striker. Not going to play 90 minutes often and certainly not going to play 46 matches this season. 

Good fit for a team like United who probably can't carry 3 premium strikers. Won't cost much and adds bags of experience. 

Do wonder if he's actually a cheap alternative to Waghorn for them. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

500,000 and you'd have to sell.

Nugent isn't going to be a regular, he's in his final year of his contract, we have as many as five centre-forwards already vying for just one position and it seems we're still interested in signing Marriott.

Moreover, he's 33. He's clearly lost a yard, that was evident during the last six months of last season.

TBH we could offload Jerome and Martin too and buy Marriott with the proceeds.

We would have Vydra (or his replacement) plus Marriott plus Bennett if he stays. We also have Lawrence as a 10.

More goals expected from midfield so less reliance upon one forward like last year. 

Archived