George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But he's one of the 'old guard' how can he be any good? PS there's one or two others still hanging about too...

There isn't an issue with him. He'll always come in and be energetic. Would I like younger, less injury prone and a bit better of course but he can play a role from the off as can Keogh and to a somewhat lesser extent Forsyth.

I still believe Martin could, but he does need to build fitness and form so isnt an immediately in that category. George likewise, but he's got a long way to go to be that player again.

Do we invest into believing in and trying to return them to what we want or grab reasonable fees and move on?

That doesn't negate I would sell virtually everyone at the right price.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I wonder whether this means we're swapping one George for another? Desperately disappointing for George T and many Rams fans if that's the case. What with the injuries and sheer bad luck the lad seems cursed. I'd have dearly loved to have seen him return this year in the kind of form that he showed in his first season at the club, but with every passing week that scenario seems less and less likely. Such a shame as when fit and in form, the lad's an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer. I'll keep my fingers crossed in any case.

Sadly he's been a bit more of a Fiat recently. 

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I wonder whether this means we're swapping one George for another? Desperately disappointing for George T and many Rams fans if that's the case. What with the injuries and sheer bad luck the lad seems cursed. I'd have dearly loved to have seen him return this year in the kind of form that he showed in his first season at the club, but with every passing week that scenario seems less and less likely. Such a shame as when fit and in form, the lad's an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer. I'll keep my fingers crossed in any case.

I kind of hope Thorne goes out on loan, rather than sold. He needs to go and play and prove his fitness, and if he can even get back close to the player he was, then back he comes like a new signing with Huddlestone & Ledley a year older.

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I kind of hope Thorne goes out on loan, rather than sold. He needs to go and play and prove his fitness, and if he can even get back close to the player he was, then back he comes like a new signing with Huddlestone & Ledley a year older.

Spot on Jimbo. Here's hoping...

46 minutes ago, Rample said:

I'm presuming rhetorical, but as things stand Johnson, Hanson, Butterfield, Elsnik and Bird are on the payroll and in the mix. 

Johnson I'd forgotten. I don't class Butterfield as a serious contender based on fan reaction so far. It just doesn't bode well. 

Hanson I don't take seriously. He's committed but not good enough for a side who want to be challenging. 

I haven't seen enough of Elsnik or Bird but again don't see either of them as challenging really. Although i suspect Elsnik will play at Cov as he only played 45 yesterday. 

Everything about the players we've brought in tells me we're going for it. So you have to bring in those that can support it. 

6 minutes ago, Bad Sheep said:

What about the illiterate ones?

They would not know he was good unless you spelt it out for them

10 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Just asked my Reading supporting made (I know, the poor sod) and he says there's been no mention of who it could be anywhere, but he can't see it being anyone other than us. The Sunderland rumour seems to have died down so he thinks it's us

Not so sure myself because we've still not had any outgoing in midfield, but we only had one centre mid on the bench today so many someone is close to leaving and we're bringing in Evans as their replacement?

Low risk signing. Unfortunately it means Thorne’s time is up, which breaks my heart a little bit. I don’t think I’ll ever forget the games when he first joined us. He was unbelievable, I just hope he gets back on track. It’s such a shame. 

Archived