Nuge!

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect player for the dressing room. The cameras showed him just before today's game started and he was having a bit of a laugh with Mount, just like he did against Notts County with Thomas. Must be great for younger players to have someone like that just to take their mind off the nerves (if they have any)

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He does work his socks off, but that only gets you so far unfortunately. Definitely would like to keep him here but I think we need more from whoever leads the line this season. 

I don’t disagree,we probably need 2 strikers pending what happens.

I just didn’t want Nuge chucked to one side without the appreciation he deserves.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Could be worth a punt on the coaching side of things when he calls it a day, surely he’d bring more to the club than Phillips did ?

Has Phillips gone?, i'm a bit out of touch on that front. 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Went to Stoke with you know who, win win ?

So did Delap, he might come to regret that but you make your bed and all that.

Why would he regret moving from Under 18s joint manager to First-Team Coach? 

Personally don’t think he’s good enough anymore to lead the line this season, but you’re dead right he deserves praise. The way he goes about playing football, always with a smile, shows his charectar. Think he’d be more use to keep in this system than Jerome tbf and wouldn’t mind him staying around in the dressing room, as one of 3 strikers.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Give the bloke some credit,working his socks off.

I don’t know where he’s going to fit in this season but he deserves   some praise.

What a great professional.

Would love to get him on the coaching staff. Doubt he will get much game time but would love him to stay around, gain his badges. With Philips gone, who better to act as forwards coach

Like I said in the in the matchday thread (rhyme) the one thing we are missing in this team is a 24 year old Nugent, or a quick(ish) version of Martin. We need someone who can hold the ball up and be the object to play off, but also has a bit of pace. 

2 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Like I said in the in the matchday thread (rhyme) the one thing we are missing in this team is a 24 year old Nugent, or a quick(ish) version of Martin. We need someone who can hold the ball up and be the object to play off, but also has a bit of pace. 

Poor poetry after a good start 

Did you not watch in awe as Nuge broke into a jog and then put the afterburners on in the second half and burnt off his marker down the left wing...almost collapsed after but it was a moment to savour. That guy gives his all. Just seems a top bloke.shame we didnt have him 3 years earlier.

This is the first and probably last time I’ll say this about a striker but I do think he offers so much more than goals to a squad, especially one in transition like ours. 

Not a starter, but definitely a keeper. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Because I’m not convinced he will be there that long before he’s down the road with his other ex DCFC colleagues.

He had to go.would have been exposed without his mate. Never employ anyone better than you..doesnt work though if you are crap yourself

He is getting on now, we will certainly miss his assists thou, coaching for rest of season.

We tried to get him 3/4 times over the years as well,  I am sure it would have been

6-0 with Marriott up front.  Martin and Vydra to stay, if no deals forthcoming and

Jerome may well get some offers yet.

Archived