How much have you spent on Steam

JG400

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...

Total spend starts with a 5

What makes it even worse is I've had all the major consoles going since the 90s and also spent a small fortune on PC non-steam games. Maybe I need to speak to someone...

A couple of years ago our boy was nagging us about some game on Steam he wanted.  His mom did a silly thing, she wrote down the credit card number on a piece of paper and told him to buy the game and throw away the slip of paper.  Well, you guessed it, our otherwise totally honest son thought i will just buy one more and that's it, but the next day and the next he bought more and more.  Now he knew that he was in real trouble but was afraid to admit his loss of control and so he bought even more.  The bank cleaned out our accounts, that was the first we learned of it.   Over $3.000 we owed and we didn't have it and Christmas coming up that month.

i contacted Steam, telling then what had happened and brought the boy with me to the bank to see what in the world we could do.  Got a nice dose of parental shame there and basically begged them to help us find a solution.  i'll tell you what, some merciful soul at Steam after talking with our bank rep crossed the whole thing out, but banned our boy of course from Steam.  It was a valuable lesson for him and us and it's taken him two years to gain our trust again, but that was some situation.

58 minutes ago, sage said:

Can someone condense this thread for me.

STEAM -> Games Portal For PC -> Spend Money to buy games -> Check how much you have spent over years -> Confess here

or

STEAM -> No Idea what it is -> Write witty Pun regarding Steam engines here

5 minutes ago, JG400 said:

STEAM -> Games Portal For PC -> Spend Money to buy games -> Check how much you have spent over years -> Confess here

or

STEAM -> No Idea what it is -> Write witty Pun regarding Steam engines here

Err... it was a steam joke.

Not a good one I grant you, but a joke nonetheless.

3 hours ago, sage said:

Err... it was a steam joke.

Not a good one I grant you, but a joke nonetheless.

3 hours ago, froggg said:

Get yer coat

Doh to clever for me how did I miss that , a smarter than average pun ?

Archived