Three full teams!

admira

OK so the 'C' team is a little light on defenders and heavy in midfield but you get my drift. Something's got to give soon surely.

Carson
Forsyth
Wisdom
Davies
Keogh
Wilson
Huddlestone
Mount
Lawrence
Vydra
Martin

Mitchell
Olssen
Hanson
Pearce
Bogle
Jozefzoon
Bennett
Bryson
Thomas
Jerome
Nugent

Roos
Lowe
Anya
Elsnik
Butterfield
Thorne
Ledley
Johnson
Guy
Blackman
Vernam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAYBE, when Redknapp on Talksport referred to Mel coming back from holiday to sign off on deals, he's referring to Mel signing off on contract pay offs?  I can't see us shifting the likes of Anya, Blackman, Martin (if needs be), or Johnson even on frees due to their rumoured wages...

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

MAYBE, when Redknapp on Talksport referred to Mel coming back from holiday to sign off on deals, he's referring to Mel signing off on contract pay offs?  I can't see us shifting the likes of Anya, Blackman, Martin (if needs be), or Johnson even on frees due to their rumoured wages...

He mentioned 'exciting' signings... I don't think releasing Anya on a free is an exciting signing. I do get the point, though, we do need to shift some of these. 

I'm just not sure that we are so willing to shift them on a free. I don't think it would be difficult for any of them to find clubs, but the wage demands come into it. I guess with some, we could subsidise wages to help spark a move, i.e. Anya. 

A few things to consider though:

Most teams have a third keeper now in their squads.

Olson is ruled out until at least mid season. 

Players such as Thomas, Bogle, Vernam, Elsnik and Guy you'd expect to be on the fringes of the first team anyway.. Between them they've had a round 4 appearances off the bench, a few good pre season games doesn't mean they are senior pros as much as we'd like a few to break through. 

So with regards to the third 11.. That leaves us with around 5 players who aren't needed which is where I think we all know we're at. With the winger additions it has to be the exit for Blackman. One of Nugent, Martin and Jerome will have to shift. Johnson and Butterfield are very much playing for their futures and as is Bryson to a degree. For a while fingers were pointed at Forsyth. Anya has been miles away from the first team for around 12 months. I wouldn't be surprised if Pearce went after he tried Wisdom out in the middle of the back four. 

Yes we need to shift players. Thing to bear in mind though is that although they are probably paid well here most of them are in there last year. 

Some would be willing to reduce their wage packets if they can get another 3 -4 Year contract to see their carreers out.

heres hoping anyway.

blackman, Nugent, Jerome, Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson, Anya to name a few I’d like to see moved on. Easier said then done though

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Shows above all else that if we're to have a decent third team we need to sign some more defenders as soon as we can. Why is the club procrastinating here? 

Cos no one can speak German.

The fact some of the higher paid players are in their final year does help, hopefully. If they have any motivation, or aspirations, then they will reduce their wages. We will see who they are at the end of the transfer window.  It's quite clear to most of us, who they are, and I'm sure frank and Jody know as well. 

26 of those would probably expect / hope to be in the matchday squad.

This is how I used to play Championship Manager. Get over excited and just buy anyone that was vaguely good then end up bankrupting myself. ?

I think Bryson has a big role to play this season and I think Frank likes him. From memory he has started both games and has continued in the second half and Frank has publicly said how impressed he has been with him and Thomas. I think we could have moved him on to Cardiff if really needed but given the way Frank wants to play (high press and winning the ball back in the opposition half) there is nobody with more energy than Bryson.

1 hour ago, admira said:

26 of those would probably expect / hope to be in the matchday squad.

This is how I used to play Championship Manager. Get over excited and just buy anyone that was vaguely good then end up bankrupting myself. ?

Good afternoon, Mr Redknapp.

The cheque's in Rosie's dog bed.

Vydra - due to money we could get and not sure if he fits the new system and style

One or two of - Martin, Nugent, Jerome because we need younger legs up too and can’t have that and three others vying for one spot.

Anya - nothing against the guy, I actually like him and think he’s underrated but with the players we’ve signed and Thomas playing well pre-season we can’t afford to keep him on

Blackman - Similar to above. He’s not a solo striker and can’t see him challenging for a start out wide

My puzzle is midfield as we have so many options but I find it hard to choose. Could say Butterfield but then maybe he’d improve under a team that likes to pass. I like Johnson, when played in the right area he’s good, gets forward and can hit a ball well also puts a shift in. Bryson can run all day, high press and good on the ball. Huddlestone at the base with his passing is great but then he doesn’t have the break up play of Ledley or an in form Thorne. Thorne also has great passing but obviously injury question marks. Need to shift one or two with Mount joining but wouldn’t be able to pick which ones. 

Anyway we certainly need to shift 4-6 players. I guess Frank wanted to see them all for a few weeks before deciding on who was surplus. 

Archived