Smoke alarms going off for no reason

Wolfie

Anyone know why my wired smoke alarms should go off?. I don't mean chirping because of a low battery, I mean full alarm for maybe 10 seconds and then stop.

Thing is, it did it at 4.30am, 5am and 5.30 this morning.....and then not again since. Why so regular but only 3 times?

I'm pretty sure the downstairs one went off first and then the upstairs one joined in.

??

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

How old is it? When did you last take it off and clean it?

I don't know. We've lived there for 4 years but I don't know when they were fitted. The same model is still on sale but that might not be a good indicator.

Yeah I'll give them a clean later (I have vacuumed them occasionally) but it's the weird 30 minute interval thing that I can't get my head round.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don't know. We've lived there for 4 years but I don't know when they were fitted. The same model is still on sale but that might not be a good indicator.

Yeah I'll give them a clean later (I have vacuumed them occasionally) but it's the weird 30 minute interval thing that I can't get my head round.

Ok. Who is blowing smoke through Wolfies letterbox?

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Depending on manufacturer they last 5-10 years.

Take the unit off and the 9v battery out, if applicable, leave outside, in the shade for a few hours, get a new battery if its older than a year (battery that is).

Archived