Harry Redknapp - TalkSport

DCFC1388

45 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't knock it. My childhood holidays were mostly spent in a caravan in Skeggy. Happy days.

Is that because compared to Liverpool Skegness is like paradise?

Only kidding, I've not been to either but have been to Rhyl many times so I know how the other half lives. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1532062800/1532068200/

Go to around 9:50

Quick summary:

Q: Have you spoke to Frank Lampard at Derby?

H: Yeah he's enjoying it and is looking to strengthen the squad. I think the chairman has been away and he's back now so Frank will hopefully get one or two in. Frank is pleased with the signings he has made (Flo Jo wasn't announced at this point), but he's looking to strengthen the squad even more now. If he can do that then he believes this could be Derby's season

Q: Isn't it great to see top ex pros go into management?

H: I told Mel Frank would be a fantastic manager but no one would ever go for him. Mel and Frank got together and it worked out well, but Mel hasn't had much luck over years with managers at Derby so he now just needs to give Frank time and support him and they can have a good season

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

Don’t get it, why would we need Mel to get of holiday? We’ve signed 3 players already this week

If I were to guess then the loan signings were sanctioned before MM went away (Cheap option).

I also guess that selling Weimann gave way to bringing in zofloon or what ever his name is.

Now it might be a case of sell before any more buying or wait until MM gets home and ask if he is willing to buy before selling any one on the promise of a sale later.

Just a thought

(Does this make sense?)

43 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1532062800/1532068200/

Go to around 9:50

Q: Have you spoke to Frank Lampard at Derby?

H: Yeah he's enjoying it and is looking to strengthen the squad. I think the chairman has been away and he's back now so Frank will hopefully get one or two in. Frank is pleased with the signings he has made (Flo Jo wasn't announced at this point), but he's looking to strengthen the squad even more now. If he can do that then he believes this could be Derby's season

Sounds like time is static for 'arry too. Maybe no-one has told him about our loans & Flo?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sounds like time is static for 'arry too. Maybe no-one has told him about our loans & Flo?

Nah, I didn't include all his comments. He mentioned the two loans and said how Frank was really happy with them, then went on to mention he's still looking to get more in 

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Same boat, the wife is a teacher.. Bloody rip off and to make it worse I now have 6 weeks of her smug face in the mornings as I am getting ready to go to work. 

Get a proper job I say.

Just been to Devon for the week. Wouldn't fancy it next week or for the next 6 weeks. We take advantage of the Leicestershire holidays being a week earlier than elsewhere every year. 

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Same boat, the wife is a teacher.. Bloody rip off and to make it worse I now have 6 weeks of her smug face in the mornings as I am getting ready to go to work. 

Get a proper job I say.

Same here mate.

(Except my missus is a dinner lady)

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Arh, the age old moan about teachers working longer hours then they are contracted for.

It’s common knowledge, repeated many times.

Yet people still enter the industry?

Come at me.

Because we are masochists, and importantly enjoy what we do.

Guns kill, but people still want to join the Army.

8 minutes ago, zaragozaram said:

Because we are masochists, and importantly enjoy what we do.

Guns kill, but people still want to join the Army.

Not every teacher moans tbh.

But parents suffer with the 6 weeks holiday too.

Not only with peak holiday costs, but sorting child care out of both patents work.

I never moan me. ?

Archived