Harry Redknapp - TalkSport

DCFC1388

Did anyone listen to Talksport this morning?

Redknapp was asked if he has spoken to Lampard and he said yeh, that we've got some good signings lined up but waiting for Morris to get back off holiday to sign them off which is meant to be today.

Did anyone catch anything else that was said?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Did anyone listen to Talksport this morning?

Redknapp was asked if he has spoken to Lampard and he said yeh, that we've got some good signings lined up but waiting for Morris to get back off holiday to sign them off which is meant to be today.

Did anyone catch anything else that was said?

Yes I heard this. I got the impression that Rednapp was primarily on to discuss the premier league and was asked about Derby towards the end of the interview. He was clear that it was signings plural and also explained that he felt Mel had experienced 'bad luck' with with his managers over the last few years and that it was he (HR) who had suggested FL to Mel as he felt that FL would have a strong managerial career.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Just outside of the school holidays too. Would've cost double if he'd gone next week.

Shrewd.

you would have thought he would have gone on some sort of working holiday, strawberry picking or something to bring in revenue, freeloader.

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Just outside of the school holidays too. Would've cost double if he'd gone next week.

Shrewd.

Mel wouldn't go to Skegness with all his money and properties.

Not when he has a static in Mablethorpe.

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

being a teacher that'll be me paying double (I know I'll receive little sympathy for this!) haha

My heart bleeds ! 16 weeks paid hol a year and 6 hr days , you must be more burnt out than those poor footballers having to play twice a week ????

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

My heart bleeds ! 16 weeks paid hol a year and 6 hr days , you must be more burnt out than those poor footballers having to play twice a week ????

Fake news. 

It's 13 weeks... haha. 

(On a serious note, the pay kind of reflects this. Teachers are paid for 28 hours work per week. I don't know a single teacher working less than 45/50 hours per week so 'free' over time so to speak evens out the holidays)

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Fake news. 

It's 13 weeks... haha. 

(On a serious note, the pay kind of reflects this. Teachers are paid for 28 hours work per week. I don't know a single teacher working less than 45/50 hours per week so 'free' over time so to speak evens out the holidays)

I know , it was only a leg pull ! ?

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Fake news. 

It's 13 weeks... haha. 

As a teacher myself, I know that this is an argument that we are never going to win. However, ask anybody else to do the job and they would run a mile.

BTW, International schools get the full 2 months in the summer. I have been off since July 1st. Lovely.

1 minute ago, zaragozaram said:

As a teacher myself, I know that this is an argument that we are never going to win. However, ask anybody else to do the job and they would run a mile.

BTW, International schools get the full 2 months in the summer. I have been off since July 1st. Lovely.

Couldn't you have put Mel up on your sofa.

have a heart.

42 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Caravan in Skeg

cost cutting i'm afraid.

I heard he's been holidaying in a Bradley Armoured Fighting vehicle. He bought it from some guy in Norwich for £6.5m. It's completely unsuitable for living in, and he's got no idea what he's actually going to do with it, but it was too good an offer to turn down.

Archived