Squad for season

S8TY

One thing that hoofball got right last season for me was saying that too big a squad with too many players not playing can be poisonous and not create enough harmony ...i know it’s difficult saying just get rid of x y or z but if you could what squad would you go for here’s mine based on covering every position twice 

this is only until a few tweaks in jan 

Carson 

new back up keeper 

wisdom

new RB /LB for cover 

bogle 

keogh

Davies 

Forsyth 

Huddlestone 

ledley 

mount 

wilson 

jozfroon

lawrence 

thomas 

Jerome 

Bennett

Bryson 

Marriot ( hopefully )

Johnson 

players to go

Thorne( unless proves his fitness )  Martin , Hanson Nugent ,Butters,Olson , Lowe , Pearce ,Vydra,Blackman,Mitchell , Roos 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched a few games when he was on loan at Shrewsbury last season and saw nothing to indicate he was ready for us also he struggled towards end to even get many mins...only my opinion of course 

I appreciate that, he does seem light weight to me but does show promise when going forward, i still haven't seen him tested properly defensively, would like to see him get a run in a team i just dont think that will be for us, maybe another loan to a team where he will play.

24 minutes ago, Lakes said:

I appreciate that, he does seem light weight to me but does show promise when going forward, i still haven't seen him tested properly defensively, would like to see him get a run in a team i just dont think that will be for us, maybe another loan to a team where he will play.

Yep I feel the same so would probably look at sending him on loan for this season but would expect a big improvement ...he has promise but not sure he’ll make it for us...

Ideally imo, with all outs possible (unrealistic but...):

Carson/new

Wisdom/new  Keogh/new  Davies/pearce  New/Lowe

Huddlestone/Thorne

Mount/Bryson  New/Butterfield

Wilson/Jozefzoon  New/New  Lawrence/Thomas

Plus keep Ledley, Mitchell and Martin as extras in the squad.

Highly unrealistic I know, but that’s what we need imo for an ideal squad in 433 to get out this division. Requires many many outs and a few more ins too.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

As a group on here it is clear that there is  no obvious way forward so leave it to Frank

The reason I started this was I’m on holiday in Greece at the mo and lying around by the pool watching the missus sunbathing all day can get a touch.....boring so  thought I’d write down all the squad and try and come up with something workable 

what it does do though is emphasise how difficult it is because we have a lot of players who are going nowhere and yet are not going to be involved much and that can breed trouble ....if it was me I’d let most of the players we don’t want go for smaller fees to free up wages ...getting 1m or 2m is neither here nor there for me for most of our fringe players because the wages by sitting out of the match day squad will soon eat up the difference in fees ....we really do have too many players who will be difficult to shift and that is a problem ....

53 minutes ago, Saity said:

The reason I started this was I’m on holiday in Greece at the mo and lying around by the pool watching the missus sunbathing all day can get a touch.....boring so  thought I’d write down all the squad and try and come up with something workable 

what it does do though is emphasise how difficult it is because we have a lot of players who are going nowhere and yet are not going to be involved much and that can breed trouble ....if it was me I’d let most of the players we don’t want go for smaller fees to free up wages ...getting 1m or 2m is neither here nor there for me for most of our fringe players because the wages by sitting out of the match day squad will soon eat up the difference in fees ....we really do have too many players who will be difficult to shift and that is a problem ....

Basically, I agree with you. The less we want a player, the harder it will be to shift him. 

Archived