Your all time guilty tracks

archied

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I loved this when it first came out and used to go around whistling it to myself. I must have been around 12 or 13.

What I didn't know is that it was apparently the fist time anyone had used an Electro Harmonix Big Muff fuzz box on a guitar solo.

It is a surprisingly funky guitar solo at the end. And like you, I didn't know there was a Big Muff involved. I do like a bit of Big Muff.

PistoldPete2
7 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What is there to feel guilty about? If you like it, you like it.

It's a catholic thing, right. Like 'guilty pleasures' as if feeling good is something to feel bad about.

Well true, but there's plenty of people who will not like stuff cos they think it s not cool or too cheesy. Not me, I like a bit of cheese. 

18 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

This thread is really making laugh..The Rubettes, no 1 when I was born.

I wanted to post Showaddywaddy 'Why Do Fools Fall in Love' ( prefer it to the original...I know..) but couldn't find it.

Anyhow, going to digress horribly here but can't imagine ever being able to repeat this story again, so ignore if you want!!

A few months ago I was with some friends and late at night one of the women said much the same as you @ThePrisoner The rest of us were taking the p*ss...but she was deadly serious. She started playing loads of London Boys tracks and singing along to every word. She was really intense and into them...so I said 'shame about them though'...and she was all 'why??'.

She somehow did not know they had been dead for a decade or whatever.!! Really was the weirdest thing, she had a minor breakdown like it had only happened that night. Now a few drinks had been consumed but it was still weird on so many fronts.

Even weirder, the next day I was chuckling away, and listened and thought.. 'you know what, this song in hindsight is really good in its own way'.

17 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What is there to feel guilty about? If you like it, you like it.

It's a catholic thing, right. Like 'guilty pleasures' as if feeling good is something to feel bad about.

Andy??..... you dont get that if I had a few mates round to watch the match,  I wouldn't happily slip that London Boys video on pre-match..?? If not, there is no point you reading the rest of this thread.?

With a handle of Andy in Liverpool I find it hard to believe that scousers don’t do that take the p##s banter like everybody else , 25 years ago we had a few of us going to a job in the van down putney high street , the driver lit up like a star when grocer jack came on the radio , he turned it right up and bobbing his head ,,, cue banter you would not believe ,,, we still give it to him 25 years on ,,, it’s a classic from our past banters 

1 hour ago, archied said:

With a handle of Andy in Liverpool I find it hard to believe that scousers don’t do that take the p##s banter like everybody else , 25 years ago we had a few of us going to a job in the van down putney high street , the driver lit up like a star when grocer jack came on the radio , he turned it right up and bobbing his head ,,, cue banter you would not believe ,,, we still give it to him 25 years on ,,, it’s a classic from our past banters 

Obviously, little of the legendary local wit has rubbed off on me.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Andy??..... you dont get that if I had a few mates round to watch the match,  I wouldn't happily slip that London Boys video on pre-match..?? If not, there is no point you reading the rest of this thread.?

Well, if any of your mates are members of this forum, you'll be able to play London Boys whenever you like now.

For some unearthly reason  I remember as an 8 year old spending a lot of time listening to the soundtrack album to Joseph & The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat

When I was 10 or I really liked Savage Garden.

Obviously I haven't listened to any of this poo again since I was that age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nc2C9PQJ2A

Most concerning I'm sure you'll agree, amazed I turned out straight tbh ?

Archived