TalkSport Best Championship Grounds

David

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

On every metric bar atmosphere and size, Elland Road is amongst the worst surely?

Wouldn't even make the top 10 in the league for me.

The pies are crap at ******* road. I do like how open and external the concourse is (though maybe because I’ve never been there in winter?) 

We have a nice stadium but not a lot of atmosphere or facilities. Baggies is great atmosphere , brilliant food stalls and for me has a more old style traditional feel. That’s my no 1. Leeds is like the first time you ever try skiing.. thank god I have survived and cross it off...

13 hours ago, WystonRam said:

We have sold out several times over the years, capacity is only reduced by segregation. Pretty poor article overall I would say. Brentford no longer have a pub on each corner as one has shut,  Bolton has a railway station next to the ground for example...

It’s  open again... 

So Elland Road is the best because..... it’s Leeds?

Shocking stadium. Food is terrible. The top tier is rarely open on the big stand. Pigeon poop everywhere. The corner they used to house the away end had no leg room to stand. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

So Elland Road is the best because..... it’s Leeds?

Shocking stadium. Food is terrible. The top tier is rarely open on the big stand. Pigeon poop everywhere. The corner they used to house the away end had no leg room to stand. 

And there are stupid posts in the way after you've paid a fortune for your ticket. And you can't see the far end goal unless you're six foot six. And the stewards are bullies. I hate going to Leeds! 

Apart from when we win!!

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

And there are stupid posts in the way after you've paid a fortune for your ticket. And you can't see the far end goal unless you're six foot six. And the stewards are bullies. I hate going to Leeds! 

Apart from when we win!!

This this and more of this! Spent £50 to go and watch England play Costa Rica and I had some big post in the way! 

Thought it was Peter Crouch warming up until the players all went in for the team talk. 

23 hours ago, rammieib said:

Elland Road costs and arm and a leg to get into - ticket prices must have had a low weighting in this survey.

My favourites are still the likes of Griffin Park and Loftus Road. On top of the players, smaller, better atmosphere etc

Atmosphere at QPR?

youre kidding aren’t you?

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:11, Derby blood said:

My top 5 grounds in the championship I have been to for all of the above is

Derby

Villa

Wednesday

Sheffield united

Leeds.

Thought Wednesday was a dive when I went there and not overly impressed with Villa Park.....

On 19/07/2018 at 00:02, uttoxram75 said:

When you talk to away fans at Pride Park its amazing how much they enjoy coming here. Maybe its just the ones I've spoken to but all I hear is compliments about the place. Real ale pubs, food outlets, walking distance to the train station, mostly friendly home fans, good atmosphere with very loud home fans who stand all game.

My Hampshire plod mate was trained at pp when st Marys was being built in Southampton and was full of compliments. 

Lots of good logistical things in derby that shouldn't be underestimated and you perhaps only appreciate when you see something like Southamptons stadium. 

22 hours ago, minesahartington said:

We have a nice stadium but not a lot of atmosphere or facilities. Baggies is great atmosphere , brilliant food stalls and for me has a more old style traditional feel. That’s my no 1. Leeds is like the first time you ever try skiing.. thank god I have survived and cross it off...

I must be a closet weed 's fan then. I went skiing for the first time in 1982 and still love going every year. ⛷️

On 19/07/2018 at 19:25, minesahartington said:

South Stand atmosphere is great when it’s a big game or a Derby, or just when the team is playing great! WBA is great?????? It was when we took 5000 there in FA Cup

Archived