No Money?!

DCFC1388

Starting to get fed up of the no money nonsense, we had no 'significant' funds NOT no money at all.

We have bid 1.5m for Burke, potentially bid for Marriott, had 1 bid rejected for Jozefzoon & looks like we have had one accepted - how does any of this point to having no money?

We also bid 6m for McClean in Jan, since then we have had Ince money, Rowett compo & Weimann fee.

We have money just not a huge amount, id suspect we have around 4-5m to spend without a big sale like Vydra which nowadays is not a 'significant' amount of funds, its the wages thats the issue but we have got a lot off budget already with Weimann, Russell, Bent, Shackell & Baird now off the figures.

Rant over!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

No one said we were broke, Mel just said that the days of spending like we were doing had to stop, by that i take it he means spending 6, 7,8 million pound on single players, or 4 million on the likes of anya and having our pants pulled down.

More sensible approach to transfers seems to be the message.

45 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Starting to get fed up of the no money nonsense, we had no 'significant' funds NOT no money at all.

We have bid 1.5m for Burke, potentially bid for Marriott, had 1 bid rejected for Jozefzoon & looks like we have had one accepted - how does any of this point to having no money?

We also bid 6m for McClean in Jan, since then we have had Ince money, Rowett compo & Weimann fee.

We have money just not a huge amount, id suspect we have around 4-5m to spend without a big sale like Vydra which nowadays is not a 'significant' amount of funds, its the wages thats the issue but we have got a lot off budget already with Weimann, Russell, Bent, Shackell & Baird now off the figures.

Rant over!

And you’re privy to every bid we make? Check out the ITK king!

I doubt we would have picked up Mount & Wilson for anything less than £2m each, regardless of who our manager is. Soton got £2m for Gallagher and these two are far more highly sought after than him. It's just a guess, but I can't imagine it's cheap either on wages or on the loan fees. 

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

No where have i claimed to be ITK, ive only said whats already in the public domain in regards bids

Doesn’t mean any of them are true, just gossip & paper talk. Don’t believe everything you read, a lot of it is agent spin and guesswork. To date only the loan signings of Mount & Wilson are truth.

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Doesn’t mean any of them are true, just gossip & paper talk. Don’t believe everything you read, a lot of it is agent spin and guesswork. To date only the loan signings of Mount & Wilson are truth.

Also doesnt mean any of them aren't true too. Plus all i mentioned are what we have been made aware of, whether true or not, but i'm sure there have been bids for players we arent aware of too

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Also doesnt mean any of them aren't true too. Plus all i mentioned are what we have been made aware of, whether true or not, but i'm sure there have been bids for players we arent aware of too

Not worth ranting over though! Everything’s in hand, no point spending loads and getting crap players, we’ve been down that road. IFWT.

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Not worth ranting over though! Everything’s in hand, no point spending loads and getting crap players, we’ve been down that road. IFWT.

I understand its all in hand but so many people say we have no money etc when we clearly do thats all my point is.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I understand its all in hand but so many people say we have no money etc when we clearly do thats all my point is.

Why is it clear that we do? How do you know that there aren't dependencies on us shifting players out on the back of our recent transfer bids. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

We really don’t, Mel might have, but as a club we don’t, not until we reach the Prem (if we ever do!). Mel is funding us year after year, he can’t keep throwing money at DCFC, especially as he sees that it’s got him nowhere fast. 

On 18/07/2018 at 18:38, Paul71 said:

No one said we were broke, Mel just said that the days of spending like we were doing had to stop, by that i take it he means spending 6, 7,8 million pound on single players, or 4 million on the likes of anya and having our pants pulled down.

More sensible approach to transfers seems to be the message.

Yes, also Mel isn't desperate for promotion any more. After a few seasons of championship reality I guess he is being more pragmatic about the clubs status. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, also Mel isn't desperate for promotion any more. After a few seasons of championship reality I guess he is being more pragmatic about the clubs status. 

No. He's realised you can't just splash cash and demand results. We needed the right manager. Hopefully we've got him now.

On 18/07/2018 at 20:32, DCFC1388 said:

It's not that we don't have money.  Nobody says Mel is broke.  It's that not reducing wage bill very significantly will lead to a ffp breach and a transfer embargo 

Archived