Sonos Beam.

Rev

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Never heard the sound stage so can't comment on that. The sound box is shaped like a box rather than a bar but I have it well disguised. 

One feature is the sky Q auto equaliser that works really well for speech enhancement and for Footy the commentators are much clearer over the crowd noise (if any) than before. The bass is really good without being over powering. Probably due to the weight of the thing.

was reading reviews about it for a while last night, cannot work out where to put it if I buy one. How have you disguised it?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/09/2018 at 19:40, FindernRam said:

I have a 3 layer corner glass stand: TV on top, blu-ray and Sky Q in middle, soundbox bottom towards back (in the dark effectively). 'er-indoors has some ornaments and grandkids pictures towards front. Doesn't affect sound at all, and you cant tell its not coming out of the TV.

just ordered one.

8 hours ago, David said:

Skybox looks a bit dumpy looking for my liking

I guess that's why they call it a box not bar. But being black it does hide well in my set up. Actually better for me than a bar which would probably been more visible (higher authority would object) and still need a sub (maybe bigger than the soundbox). I'm not an audiophile but the sound is really good for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re the Sonos Beam, will this work with an older tv? Not sure how old, but it's at least 7 years. 

I have two Sonos play ones, and would like to connect the tv to those, then I wouldn't bother with the beam, but I don't think that's possible. 

If I buy the beam, do you think it would work, connected to the tv with hdmi? I'm not sure what hdmi arc is, but assume it's newer than my tv. 

56 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Re the Sonos Beam, will this work with an older tv? Not sure how old, but it's at least 7 years. 

I have two Sonos play ones, and would like to connect the tv to those, then I wouldn't bother with the beam, but I don't think that's possible. 

If I buy the beam, do you think it would work, connected to the tv with hdmi? I'm not sure what hdmi arc is, but assume it's newer than my tv. 

It comes with an audio adapter in the box, so you should fine as long as you have an optical input.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-beam-now-available-setup-and-useful-information-6809808

19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It comes with an audio adapter in the box, so you should fine as long as you have an optical input.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-beam-now-available-setup-and-useful-information-6809808

From that, and other stuff I've read this morning, it seems like it definitely works better, and is easier to set up, if I can connect to an hdmi arc. 

Might be a good excuse to update the TV :), before going for the beam. 

Archived