Sonos Beam.

Rev

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If you're looking for a good all rounder, that can replace an all in one hi-fi while supplementing your existing TV's sound, I couldn't fault it, especially if you want  to use it across multiple platforms ie Apple, Amazon and even Google.

If you already have both a decent hi-fi set up, and a decent surround sound set up on the TV, it's not worth changing, but if you don't it's a worthwhile addition.

I’ve got nothing mate and I’m just upping my tv to a 75,so I need good audio but I don’t want the faff of separates but I want decent sound.

Plus @Mrs Cone wants something that looks ok...WTF?!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, David said:

Looking at £700 ish though by time you’ve paired it with a couple of Sonos, that’s bloody expensive. 

Could pick up 2 Apple Homepods for that, set then up in stereo mode and away you go ?

I've not heard the homepods in fairness so couldn't compare.

Are you saying for £700 quid I could pair 2 Apple homepods with a front facing Apple 3.1 front facing speaker for full on surround sound?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I've not heard the homepods in fairness so couldn't compare.

Are you saying for £700 quid I could pair 2 Apple homepods with a front facing Apple 3.1 front facing speaker for full on surround sound?

No, but they have some funky technology that bounces sound around. Doesn’t matter where you sit it feels like the speaker is pointed right at you.

They are more bass heavy than the Sonos One, haven’t linked mine up to AppleTV yet tbh as I have them set up in other rooms instead to pump audio round the house

12 hours ago, David said:

No, but they have some funky technology that bounces sound around. Doesn’t matter where you sit it feels like the speaker is pointed right at you.

They are more bass heavy than the Sonos One, haven’t linked mine up to AppleTV yet tbh as I have them set up in other rooms instead to pump audio round the house

I’ve seen his pod first hand, and it was strangely satisfying.

On 20/07/2018 at 22:20, coneheadjohn said:

I’ve got nothing mate and I’m just upping my tv to a 75,so I need good audio but I don’t want the faff of separates but I want decent sound.

Plus @Mrs Cone wants something that looks ok...WTF?!

Don't get me involved in it, I remember years ago when you tried to sneak a surround sound system (including huge bass bin and 3ft high speakers) into the house one piece at a time thinking I wouldn't notice! X ?

1 minute ago, Mrs Cone said:

Don't get me involved in it, I remember years ago when you tried to sneak a surround sound system (including huge bass bin and 3ft high speakers) into the house one piece at a time thinking I wouldn't notice! X ?

You tell him! You tell him! ?

On 18/07/2018 at 06:43, reveldevil said:

Quick review.

Bought one to replace a 5.1 set up, and it's really not far off a complete replacement.

Awesome sound, true soundscape left to right, evidenced by watching Dunkirk in UHD, just lacking the depth provided by true surround sound, however can be paired with other Sonos speakers to provide that.

Wouldn't bother with the sub, plenty of ommph from the bar itself, if anyone is looking for a hi/fi replacement, or to get more from an existing TV I'd say it's very good bang for your buck.

I’ve been looking at the playbar, but can’t really justify the bucks as it’s just for the second tv. I’m going to look at the beam on the weekend as it’s selling for $599.00 compared to $999.00 for the playbar. The only thing I was concerned about was having no sub as they want another $999.00 for that. Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2018 at 11:50, coneheadjohn said:

These are 300 quid at work and sound ok,think I might need a bit more.

jnJicbR.jpg

These still this price? I’ve had my eye on this one as it’s optimised to replace the stand on my LG OLED but it’s slowly coming down to the £350 mark elsewhere. 

On 30/08/2018 at 19:23, ThePrisoner said:

Nice one! Just been waiting for that sweet spot. It dropped to £250 at Christmas but I didn’t have the telly then ?

Got to laugh.I remembered to take a picture at work and I was really impressed with myself for remembering,them I forgot to post it?.

Don’t know if this is a good price or not,ours have nearly all gone.

Funny how the price plus VAT is always tiny.

k1a8snD.jpg

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Got to laugh.I remembered to take a picture at work and I was really impressed with myself for remembering,them I forgot to post it?.

Don’t know if this is a good price or not,ours have nearly all gone.

Funny how the price plus VAT is always tiny.

k1a8snD.jpg

No idea if they are any good, however if they are selling out quickly...

9 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

No idea if they are any good, however if they are selling out quickly...

I don’t think they are selling because they are a particularly great price,sometimes they might only send a pallet of an item and that will be it.

They tend to sell a lot of stuff where I work on the warranty/returns policy as well as price.

On 30/08/2018 at 18:19, reveldevil said:

Just to add, I've now added a couple a Sonos Play speakers as surrounds, and it's pretty awesome, and even better, no wires.

yeah i bought one last week as well, very impressed. if only i could find a way to easily play youtube stuff through it.

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don’t think they are selling because they are a particularly great price,sometimes they might only send a pallet of an item and that will be it.

They tend to sell a lot of stuff where I work on the warranty/returns policy as well as price.

https://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/home-entertainment/best-sound-bars/lg-soundbar-review/

Best I could find £385.00 - rough conversion.

Archived