Aberdeenshire Rams

Inverurie Ram

I arrived at The Black Bull Inn, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire for the Derby County v Ipswich match at about 7:30pm.

Instantly asked the barman if he could put the Derby game on, his reply being, "I've only just started, I don't know how to work the telly"......my reply... "try finding the remote and press 403, then press the red button"... he found it, did it, and up popped the red screen stating the screen would come on at 7:40. So I buy the beer and text @Ramadonna9 that the game is on in the pub.

10 minutes feels like a lifetime as random pub punters stare quizically at the telly. 5 minutes later a bloke from the darts team wanders to the barman and asks "Can you put the Leeds game on?".....I'm sat on my bar stool, 70's retro Umbro Derby shirt on, and I instantly show the weed, and say "Hey, c'mon I've already asked for the Derby game"......where he replies....."they've got two boxes"......which initially goes straight over my head and the new barman, who'd done a great job already, before the weed pops behind the bar, helps himself to all the remotes and wanders off to the two telly' smear the dart boards as I stare at the two screens near the bar, where the Rams game has now come on, thinking the worst, but hey ho, he get's the Leeds game on, near him and the Rams game stays on, and I thank the Lord for the pub, having two boxes for future mid week games, when the local Leeds, Aston Villa & Hull City fans pop in to catch their teams, might just pop in nice and early or hide the remotes!

Up the Aberdeenshire Rams!.... @2tups

I'll be singing this on the megabus to Sheffield, singing it on the train to Derby, singing it Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Derby and singing it on the train down to Luton and singing it back on the flight to Aberdeen.

"La....La....La...La...Lampard's Rams......Lampard's Rams We Are"........(repeat loads of times)

As per this tune 3mins 20ish.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Celebration Time!............Aberdeenshire Rams back in the big time, back in the Derby County Forum section!

@2tups do you want me to buy us 2 tickets for the Aston Villa game?, I was planning for Gordon Guthrie Stand again, nice view and ideal for the flag etc.

30idipt.jpg

Hang fire. They’re booked already.

Maybe we'll see more young Rams players on loan at Aberdeen?

Frank Lampard has a good working relationship with the Aberdeen Manager.

Will Max Lowe play on Saturday for Aberdeen v Kilmarnock? I'm taking my eldest lad to cheer him on. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/08/lampard-discusses-lowes-new-deal-and-loan-switch

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Will Max Lowe play on Saturday for Aberdeen v Kilmarnock? I'm taking my eldest lad to cheer him on. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/08/lampard-discusses-lowes-new-deal-and-loan-switch

Brilliant!  You can be our Lowe correspondent until Christmas. 

I like to visit our young Rams on loan but I don't think that I'll make it to Aberdeen. 

Really glad Max has gone to Aberdeen. I have a good friend locally who ironically comes from Inverurie. Aberdeen are my Scottish team by default in brotherly support so to speak ( also consider that they did a full Leicester when Fergie took them to the title. Which was pretty flipping amazing and for ranks second only to the treble with Man U ) 

Only writing this cos I’m cooking tea, bored, Mrs Jono is watching suits and it’s another hour before we know who we’ve got in the Milk Cup, Carling cup league cup or whatever ??

anyway ... up the Aberdeenshire Rams ?????

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just out of interest how did you become a Ram ? 

28 minutes ago, jono said:

Really glad Max has gone to Aberdeen. I have a good friend locally who ironically comes from Inverurie. Aberdeen are my Scottish team by default in brotherly support so to speak ( also consider that they did a full Leicester when Fergie took them to the title. Which was pretty flipping amazing and for ranks second only to the treble with Man U ) 

Only writing this cos I’m cooking tea, bored, Mrs Jono is watching suits and it’s another hour before we know who we’ve got in the Milk Cup, Carling cup league cup or whatever ??

anyway ... up the Aberdeenshire Rams ?????

I think Fergie won a lot more than the title with Aberdeen. Especially when they beat Real Madrid to win the European Cup Winners Cup. And won the Super Cup also, and have two more stars on their shirt than the Rams have.

https://www.afc.co.uk/club/honours/?cn-reloaded=1

1191n52.png

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Just out of interest how did you become a Ram ? 

I was born in Hull and lived in Cottingham for 13 years and was taken to Boothferry Park as a kid to cheer on Hull City in the lower leagues of football, also Craven Park to cheer on Hull Kingston Rovers. At about 7, I started to show an interest in Liverpool, but my older brother who is a Chelsea fan advised me that everyone at school supported either Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds Utd and I should support someone else, and like a fool I listened to my elder brother!.

So I grabbed the newspaper with the league tables in it, closed my eyes, waved a pen over it, and landed on Derby County.

Funny thing was, when I eventually attended Cottingham High School as a teenager, one of the older lads rode to school on his Raleigh Chopper with a Derby County sports bag, I never plucked up the courage to speak to him, but I reckon we we were the coolest dudes about!

The family moved to Aberdeen in 83 and I've been here ever since. Oh and my younger brother is a Wolves fan, he liked the colour of the kit.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I was born in Hull and lived in Cottingham for 13 years and was taken to Boothferry Park as a kid to cheer on Hull City in the lower leagues of football, also Craven Park to cheer on Hull Kingston Rovers. At about 7, I started to show an interest in Liverpool, but my older brother who is a Chelsea fan advised me that everyone at school supported either Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds Utd and I should support someone else, and like a fool I listened to my elder brother!.

So I grabbed the newspaper with the league tables in it, closed my eyes, waved a pen over it, and landed on Derby County.

Funny thing was, when I eventually attended Cottingham High School as a teenager, one of the older lads rode to school on his Raleigh Chopper with a Derby County sports bag, I never plucked up the courage to speak to him, but I reckon we we were the coolest dudes about!

The family moved to Aberdeen in 83 and I've been here ever since. Oh and my younger brother is a Wolves fan, he liked the colour of the kit.

Brilliant tale ??? it’s hilarious when you think of everyone’s football geneology. It isn’t always home town, Dad supported them logic. 

• 3 weeks later...

Derby County v Blackburn Rovers 7:45pm Sky Sports Red Button Tue 18th Sep 2018 @ The Black Bull Inn, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire.

Any takers? @2tups @Ramadonna9 Max Lowe do you fancy joining us for a few glasses of fresh orange?

The Black Bull Inn darts team are playing away, they have a Leeds Utd and Aston Villa fan, so likely to only have Liverpool Champions League on one telly with Rams game on one of the other telly's.

2dkctpe.jpg

Edited by Inverurie Ram