Surely we ought to sell Vydra?

RamsFan10

With Mount looking like an imminent signing, in my opinion surely we ought to cash in on Vydra now. 

If we opt to play 4-2-3-1 Mount will surely fill the middle of the 3 (where Vydra played last season), and if we play 4-3-3 Mount will play in the midfield three and Vydra seemingly has no place in that system either. We saw how poor he was as a loan striker before Rowett.

If we keep Vydra as an optional extra his price will go down. I can't think of a system that incorporates both of them and provides enough defensive stability. 

Personally i think we should accept any bids above 8/9 million for Vydra and reinvest that money into players who are guaranteed (or as close to guaranteed as possible) starters. Obviously all this is dependent on bids coming in and Vydra not demanding stupid wages. The only downside i see is Vydra strengthening a potential rival. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think Mount would play in a midfield three from how we lined up at Notts. I like Vydra but if that's the way we're going to play then we may as well cash in because his value will drop dramatically inside 6 months. May as well give Frank some money and cash in ?? he can only play with another forward. 

From what i gather last season Vitesse played 4-2-3-1 with Mount behind the striker as an attacking midfielder? someone correct me if im wrong. 

correction: i am wrong, they played 4-3-3 and he operated in the midfield three as the most advanced or on either wing. 

We can only sell Vyds if

A) The manager wants rid,Franks hints he wants him here

B) A club meets our asking price which allegedly Leeds have agreed

C) Vyds doesnt get greedy wage wise which supposedly he has

So unless things change hes playing for us

The biggest risk we face is the familiar failing of having too many players.

I'm not sure we need all these reported loans. i'd be quite happy to sit on our hands and go with the squad we have. Its quite a nice mix of youth and experience with bryson back. 

I would also like us to build the team around the players we own. It would be nice to have another season watching vydra scoring regularly.

however we have to find a minimum of £6m. More with all these loan wages to fund.

It seems that the strategy is to sell vydra, but i wouldn't be surprised to see bryson, martin, and others go too. I really hope we don't overplay the transfer window yet again.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The biggest risk we face is the familiar failing of having too many players.

I'm not sure we need all these reported loans. i'd be quite happy to sit on our hands and go with the squad we have. Its quite a nice mix of youth and experience with bryson back. 

I would also like us to build the team around the players we own. It would be nice to have another season watching vydra scoring regularly.

however we have to find a minimum of £6m. More with all these loan wages to fund.

It seems that the strategy is to sell vydra, but i wouldn't be surprised to see bryson, martin, and others go too. I really hope we don't overplay the transfer window yet again.

While I agree with your sentiments over too many loan players. I would argue that if Bryson continues to play like he did against Notts in pre-season, then he should be a shoe-in to stay.. I personally don't see a future for the likes of Martin and one or two other stalwarts however

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

While I agree with your sentiments over too many loan players. I would argue that if Bryson continues to play like he did against Notts in pre-season, then he should be a shoe-in to stay.. I personally don't see a future for the likes of Martin and one or two other stalwarts however

Most folk were quite happy to see bryson go. It just goes to show how 57 minutes can change people's opinions.

However if Mount and Wilson are coming in, i can't see bryson staying. 

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most folk were quite happy to see bryson go. It just goes to show how 57 minutes can change people's opinions.

However if Mount and Wilson are coming in, i can't see bryson staying. 

I am not one of those 57 minuters. I have always admired his work rate and ethics.

How ever with the wage bill debacle, You may be right

7 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

From what i gather last season Vitesse played 4-2-3-1 with Mount behind the striker as an attacking midfielder? someone correct me if im wrong. 

correction: i am wrong, they played 4-3-3 and he operated in the midfield three as the most advanced or on either wing. 

Competition for Bryson then in the advanced role of a midfield 3.

I think there's a place for Matej even in the new regimes 4-3-3 . When Mac tried him out wide , it was out wide as daft as that sounds . In the new 4-3-3 the front 3 pretty much played as 3 central players and the width seem to come from the full backs. 

Going all football manager esque now but Matej could even play in a false 9 role dropping off into that number 10 role allowing space for the 2 wide players to drive into . Because really none of our wide players are wingers are they ? 

Lastly it seems daft how many people actually seem to want to see Matej leave. Don't get me wrong if the deals right all round I won't hold it against anyone but I'm in no rush for him to leave and would be happy either way.

It's not a case of wanting to see him go, he's the championships top striker that's a FACT.

The underlining problem is that we are all more than aware that we need a slight squad revamp.  Young players cost alot of money in today's market and even if the whole 'we haven't got money' thing is a smokescreen, supposedly Vydra is worth upto to 15 million and its the ideal time to cash in if Frank seems to favour a system where he doesn't necessarily fit. 

If we line up like that from the first game, I don't see where he fits or how he'll be happy. It's disappointing but the correct decision seems to be to sell him while his stock is at its highest. 15 million could easily get us 3/4 of the lower leagues top up coming players e.g. Maddison, Marriott, Bayliss etc. 

It's about seeing the bigger picture. I'm sure a plan would be in place if he did go, Frank doesn't strike me as the sort who'd happily see him leave the door without a couple of top permanent deals lined up. 

Archived