Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nuwtfly

Changes to Audio Subscriptions

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thanks. I think I got confused about when UK users would be able to stream live games - so for us (UK) it's audio only this season, and some live games from next (19/20) season? 

Believe so, don't quote me on that. I thought it was this season but think I got my wires crossed as news outlets are reporting it to be next season.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, David said:

Believe so, don't quote me on that. I thought it was this season but think I got my wires crossed as news outlets are reporting it to be next season.

You're not the only one, I could have sworn that they said at one of the fans forums last year - something to the effect that UK subscribers would be able to stream some of the live games "next season" (at the time) IE 2018/19.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

I pay for audio monthly and have done since Ramsplayer, has anyone had any problems? I take it we don't need to do anything and can log in and press play as normal? 

Are you trying to watch pre-season games with just an audio package? Audio packages do not cover the pre-season games.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's very good value personally.  And I can't on the one hand want us to pay up for decent players and their wages and then on the other hand complain about being asked to help fund that. Given the boated squad we have, I'm not surprised we are having to increase prices.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I think it's very good value personally.  And I can't on the one hand want us to pay up for decent players and their wages and then on the other hand complain about being asked to help fund that. Given the boated squad we have, I'm not surprised we are having to increase prices.  

 

 

Exactly this! Some fans seem to think the club can run a professional service for free and that the club owes them something. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

Exactly this! Some fans seem to think the club can run a professional service for free and that the club owes them something. 

Literally nobody thinks that, so you can get off your remarkably high horse there. 

Maybe fans would just like more clarification as to why their current subscriptions are currently being turfed up and replaced?

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Literally nobody thinks that, so you can get off your remarkably high horse there. 

Maybe fans would just like more clarification as to why their current subscriptions are currently being turfed up and replaced?

 

Hmm ok. Well I have seen a lot of fans saying that season ticket holders or audio subscribers should get the pre-season friendlies for free. LITERALLY. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 18/07/2018 at 10:19, David said:

Believe so, don't quote me on that. I thought it was this season but think I got my wires crossed as news outlets are reporting it to be next season.

Nah I think the league has come to an agreement with Sky Sports to bring forward some of the elements of the contract - Sheff Wed are promoting that they will be showing games to UK this season.

I think the club will put the games on PPV or on a monthly basis because they can't guarantee the number of games they will be able to show before the season starts. If we are flying I imagine we will be picked up by Sky a lot and not available to stream online. 

Edited by alexxxxx

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

Well I have seen a lot of fans saying that season ticket holders or audio subscribers should get the pre-season friendlies for free.

You know neither of these things were free right?

Share this post


Link to post

I paid an annual subscription for audio last year but as I went to nearly every match I never worked out what I got that non-subscribers didn't.  Everything I watched seemed to be free anyway.

I do find it all a bit confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
On 18/07/2018 at 10:19, David said:

Believe so, don't quote me on that. I thought it was this season but think I got my wires crossed as news outlets are reporting it to be next season.

 

10 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Nah I think the league has come to an agreement with Sky Sports to bring forward some of the elements of the contract - Sheff Wed are promoting that they will be showing games to UK this season.

I think the club will put the games on PPV or on a monthly basis because they can't guarantee the number of games they will be able to show before the season starts. If we are flying I imagine we will be picked up by Sky a lot and not available to stream online. 

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

A brief snippet follows,

In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow

EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services.

The interesting bit is the last sentence, how will Sky stream those fixtures and will they undercut the club's price?

Share this post


Link to post

Good to hear then, was sure I heard it was this season but all the news outlets said next season. Weird.

Back in the South Stand this season but midweek games are a complete no go to get down for, finally be able to watch from the armchair.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

Not really sure what your point is here?

The point being that as a ST holder & audio subscriber, I and others have already paid considerably more into the club than an overseas subscriber has.

Therefore, being surprised that WE were to be charged for the friendlies, yet overseas subscribers could get it for free, doesn't mean some of us expect "everything for nothing".

Ok? Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Carnero said:

The point being that as a ST holder & audio subscriber, I and others have already paid considerably more into the club than an overseas subscriber has.

Therefore, being surprised that WE were to be charged for the friendlies, yet overseas subscribers could get it for free, doesn't mean some of us expect "everything for nothing".

Ok? Ok.

Overseas fans didn’t get them for “free” though, all live games are included in their monthly subscription, that’s what they signed up for. If you work it out as 5 games a month they pay £2.50 per game. 

It’s like saying we get our seats in the ground for free after purchasing a season ticket.

I paid £440.50 for mine this year, I knew that when I purchased it only entitled me to entry for 23 home league games, that’s £19.15 a game. FA Cup? Nothing. League Cup? Nothing. Pre season? Nothing.

Yes to watch online it works out cheaper if you’re outside the UK, but I guess the club have to try and balance it right so it doesn’t become so cheap online that people prefer to stay at home and watch. Those who are genuinely out there in Spain have no chance, added bonus for the club!

If you bought the £20 package for pre season it’s only £1.50 per game more than those outside the UK paid this month which isn’t that bad. Or £2.50 if you subscribed to the audio package as well this month.

 

Share this post


Link to post

@David yes I can see both sides of the equation. However @SunnyRam was implying that people who have actually shelled out more than he/she in total were somehow expecting 'something for nothing'.

IF the friendlies had been free to view as a 'gift' for ST holders then I don't see how somebody paying £150 for access to 40+ games could have had any issue.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

@David yes I can see both sides of the equation. However @SunnyRam was implying that people who have actually shelled out more than he/she in total were somehow expecting 'something for nothing'.

IF the friendlies had been free to view as a 'gift' for ST holders then I don't see how somebody paying £150 for access to 40+ games could have had any issue.

I wouldn’t have any issues if I got a free shirt as well whilst we’re at it as I’m a season ticket holder, Mount 10 on the back as well please 😁

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, David said:

I wouldn’t have any issues if I got a free shirt as well whilst we’re at it as I’m a season ticket holder, Mount 10 on the back as well please 😁

Why I, I'll swing for you one of these days punk.

NOW PIN THAT BLOODY ACADEMY THREAD GODDAMMIT.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Why I, I'll swing for you one of these days punk.

NOW PIN THAT BLOODY ACADEMY THREAD GODDAMMIT.

It will cost you as you’re not outside the UK, £4 a game. There’s a pound discount in there for being a ST holder 😘

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.