Changes to Audio Subscriptions

Nuwtfly

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Given that not all games end up being on Rams TV, and sky are likely to have even more Derby games than last season, pay per game may be the way forward now rather than a monthly /annual subscription. 

This is just the audio subscription. Sky do not impact that. 

Don’t think I’ll be renewing. An extra £15 a year is a 33% increase for absolutely no extra content. That is a bit exploitative and unfair on those of us who have loyally resubscribed year after year. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Simple one: why?

FD8CC63B-BCB1-41F8-92BF-60C984BC48E7.jpeg

It says you've an audio subscription but then says 'moving forward you'll be able to watch RamsTV through a monthly subscription'.

How is this separate subscription going to work for us UK fans? Will we pay for monthly audio subs and then extra for tv coverage?

The annual subscription removal is not just for audio, it's for viewing too. 

Monthly subscription only.

Not sure what the reasoning is, but viewing rights etc. are a complex bag. Or maybe there's just an unforeseen problem with folks subscribing annually to a service that's not providing constant content?

I've no idea. But it seems likely that this subscription option was removed for viewing reasons, and the audio subscription was removed as well to maintain consistency. 

19 hours ago, Jayram said:

Don’t think I’ll be renewing. An extra £15 a year is a 33% increase for absolutely no extra content. That is a bit exploitative and unfair on those of us who have loyally resubscribed year after year. 

It's only been available for one year...

16 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

It's only been available for one year...

I’ve been paying an audio subscription for a number of years - it’s only the way it’s been marketed that has changed in the last year. Smart arse. 

42 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I’ve been paying an audio subscription for a number of years - it’s only the way it’s been marketed that has changed in the last year. Smart arse. 

That’s not the only change smarty pants, RamsTV is now run by the club and you pay the club directly.

Before it was run by an external company (Perform) through a Football League deal which also saw clubs including Derby use that generic horrible mess of a website we had.

That’s been replaced with iFollow (NeuLion) for most clubs and another company has created a new generic website template for smaller clubs like Forest and Grimsby Town.

1 hour ago, David said:

That’s not the only change smarty pants, RamsTV is now run by the club and you pay the club directly.

But basically UK users have to pay twice, once for audio subs and then extra if they want to watch video? Whereas non-UK fans pay once and get the whole package? Is that how it works?

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But basically UK users have to pay twice, once for audio subs and then extra if they want to watch video? Whereas non-UK fans pay once and get the whole package? Is that how it works?

Yes that's how it works, they are paying for a video package. 

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

Ok...RamsTV has only been going for a year then, which is run by the club and not some other company like the old website. Get off that high horse. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

17/18

UK & Outside the UK Users £5pm - Live audio only, the full 90 minutes to watch 24hrs after the game.

Outside the UK only £12.50pm - Same as above but also able to watch the game live when it wasn't televised

Outside the UK only £5 per game without a monthly/annual subscription.

Pre season games were given to us all for free to test and showcase the service as it was new, we all saw the teething issues they had, had they charged for those early games from the off everybody would have been screaming for refunds. Now apart from a few that take last minute Easyjet flights at 3pm the service appears to be running smoothly for most. 

18/19

Other than removing annual subscriptions I haven't seen anything with regards to the packages/prices changing.

UK users have been asked to pay £5 per pre season game live, or £20 for all 5 games. 

UK users were never offered live games to us as a package as the Football Leagues TV deal didn't allow the club to stream them.. 

From 2019 UK users will be able to stream non Saturday 3pm and televised games live, the club may offer those games in a package

16 minutes ago, David said:

17/18

UK & Outside the UK Users £5pm - Live audio only, the full 90 minutes to watch 24hrs after the game.

Outside the UK only £12.50pm - Same as above but also able to watch the game live when it wasn't televised

Outside the UK only £5 per game without a monthly/annual subscription.

Pre season games were given to us all for free to test and showcase the service as it was new, we all saw the teething issues they had, had they charged for those early games from the off everybody would have been screaming for refunds. Now apart from a few that take last minute Easyjet flights at 3pm the service appears to be running smoothly for most. 

18/19

Other than removing annual subscriptions I haven't seen anything with regards to the packages/prices changing.

UK users have been asked to pay £5 per pre season game live, or £20 for all 5 games. 

UK users were never offered live games to us as a package as the Football Leagues TV deal didn't allow the club to stream them.. 

From 2019 UK users will be able to stream non Saturday 3pm and televised games live, the club may offer those games in a package

2019 as in the 19/20 season or calendar year?

I assume all these contracts run based on the football season but you never know

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

2019 as in the 19/20 season or calendar year?

I assume all these contracts run based on the football season but you never know

The new TV deal starts from the 19/20 season, would guess it's from then onwards so won't effect us anyhow.

The EFL has successfully concluded negotiations with Sky Sports for live domestic broadcasting rights in a deal that will run for a further five seasons from 2019/20.

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/september/efl-agree-new-five-season-broadcasting-deal-with-sky-sports/

51 minutes ago, David said:

18/19

Thanks. I think I got confused about when UK users would be able to stream live games - so for us (UK) it's audio only this season, and some live games from next (19/20) season? 

Archived