Ideal starting XI for Reading (A) - Discussion

RamsPolls

First of all, It's great to be back... I know you all missed me ?!

One thing that has been hot topic in my office at work is how we hopefully would line up against Reading on the 3rd of August. 

If we sign the players that we can realistically get this is how I would love to see us look...

Formation - 4-3-3

GK - Scott Carson

RB - Andre Wisdom

CB - Richard Keogh

CB - Curtis Davies

LB - Max Lowe

CDM - Tom Huddlestone

CM - Craig Bryson

CM - Joe Ledley

LW - Tom Lawrence

RW - Harry Wilson

ST - Jack Mariott

We are not that far off a decent side. I know we have been linked with Mason Mount but I haven't included him because I can't see him coming...

Harry Wilson looks set to become a Ram & Jack Mariott would be a quality addition to this side...

How would you line up in the first game? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

GK - Scott Carson

RB - Andre Wisdom

CB - Richard Keogh

CB - Curtis Davies

LB - Max Lowe

CDM - Huddlestone

CM - Bryson

CM - Ledley

LW - Lawrence

RW - Wilson

ST - Mariott

One thing thats bugging me with this team is why was only the defence given first names and not the rest of the team?

9 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

First of all, It's great to be back... I know you all missed me ?!

One thing that has been hot topic in my office at work is how we hopefully would line up against Reading on the 3rd of August. 

If we sign the players that we can realistically get this is how I would love to see us look...

Formation - 4-3-3

GK - Scott Carson

RB - Andre Wisdom

CB - Richard Keogh

CB - Curtis Davies

LB - Max Lowe

CDM - Tom Huddlestone

CM - Craig Bryson

CM - Joe Ledley

LW - Tom Lawrence

RW - Harry Wilson

ST - Jack Mariott

We are not that far off a decent side. I know we have been linked with Mason Mount but I haven't included him because I can't see him coming...

Harry Wilson looks set to become a Ram & Jack Mariott would be a quality addition to this side...

How would you line up in the first game? 

You have included Harry and Jack. Neither are confirmed yet so why no include Mount in that line up?

Just now, BathRam72 said:

You have included Harry and Jack. Neither are confirmed yet so why no include Mount in that line up?

As stated... Because I can't see him coming even if we wanted him. Where as Wilson is as good as signed & Mariott is a realistic target if we sell Vydra. 

19 hours ago, RamNut said:

Carson

wisdom.  Keogh.   Davies.  Fozzy

.                 Huddlestone

.          Bryson.      Vydra

thomas.      Martin.     Lawrence

subs

roos, bogle, lowe, thorne, bennett, nugent, butterfield, 

I'd be happy with that.....

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Would be a quality addition, was the exact quote.

I am not picking faults, just asking why not include him as the other two are also not confirmed.

Rowett after Wilson now and Marriot has been speculation for a long time.

The topic is your ideal starting XI... I didn't want to put Mount in because I'm not sure he'd come to us if we asked. Where as if we put a bid in for Mariott I can see him coming here... Don't see the big issue to be fair 

8 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I am guessing because he thinks he will not be coming to us? 

So Marriott is coming? Pray do tell how you know this?

My point is, why not include him if you are including others that are targets? as indeed Mount is????

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

The topic is your ideal starting XI... I didn't want to put Mount in because I'm not sure he'd come to us if we asked. Where as if we put a bid in for Mariott I can see him coming here... Don't see the big issue to be fair 

Ok that is fine. I don't see the issue with what I am saying either. As none of the above are confirmed and ALL are targets. That is all

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Ok that is fine. I don't see the issue with what I am saying either. As none of the above are confirmed and ALL are targets. That is all

Yeah I get that... 

It's a thread about YOUR personal starting XI if you could choose them. It's not from the players that are confirmed. In my ideal scenario I would have that XI

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

So Marriott is coming? Pray do tell how you know this?

My point is, why not include him if you are including others that are targets? as indeed Mount is????

I don't know anything hence the word guessing. 

As Manuel said.... "I know nothing" 

As it stands, can only be based on what we have, and the 1 preseason game thus far.

Carson; Foz, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom; Huddlestone, Butterfield, Bryson; Thomas, Nugent, Lawrence.

Fully expect us to have signed a winger (Wilson, it seems?) or two, a cover left back, midfielder, and striker.

We don't know what's going to happen ! All I can go on is what I saw Saturday. 

Carson (I know he didn't play)

Keogh.                Davies 

Wisdom                                        Forsyth 

Huddlestone 

Bryson.                       Butterfield.  

Thomas.                                           Lawrence

Jerome 

Without any signings:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Bryson Huddlestone Butterfield

Thomas Vydra Lawrence

Subs: Mitchell, Pearce, Forsyth, Johnson, Ledley, Bennett, Jerome

And that still leaves Martin, Anya, Blackman, Hanson, Nugent and Thorne out of the squad. We really need some sales

I know Vydra has struggled throughout his career when he's been a lone striker, but I just have a feeling he would do reasonably well there based off the (admittedly short) period we've seen of Frank's system. Lawrence, Thomas and Bryson all got close to Nugent during that first half so it looks like the striker won't be as isolated as previous manager's systems with a lone striker

In an ideal world:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies New

Bryson Huddlestone Mount

Lawrence Marriott Wilson

Subs: Mitchell, Pearce, Johnson, Ledley, Thomas, Jozefzoon, Jerome

We've been linked with Demetri Mitchell for the LB spot but I'm not convinced on him myself, but ideally I'd like to see us sign a new LB as Lowe's injury record is really poor and I think it's probably time we found an upgrade to Forsyth

Archived