Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

On 13/03/2019 at 20:49, FrostedRam said:

Kyle McAllister called up to the Scotland Under 21s 

Is this the lad who had a game or two for the seniors a while back, looked great then vanished, or am I confusing him with someone else? Did he get injured?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Is this the lad who had a game or two for the seniors a while back, looked great then vanished, or am I confusing him with someone else? Did he get injured?

wasnt he injured when we signed him took awhile for him to recover lets hope he stays injury free

20 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Nah that’s craig Bryson, circa 2015 he vanished...?

Joking aside, we bought McAllister thinking he had a minor injury but it turned out to keep him out for a year+ I think. Don’t think he’s ever made a first team appearance tho so dunno who you’re thinking of... elsnik did and then vanished?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Scotland U21s - Kyle McAllister

Slovenia U21s - Timi Elsnik and Sven Karic

Ireland U19s - Jason Knight and Festy Ebosele

England U18s - Morgan Whittaker 

Ireland U18s - Eiran Cashin and Jaden Charles

Ireland U17s - Harry Halwax

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/13-rams-set-for-international-action

I’m surprised Bird, Sibley, MacDonald and Wilson haven’t had call ups. They’ve played a lot of games already this season so maybe that’s why. 

I’m surprised Bogle hasn’t made any of the age group squads! He’d still be eligible for their U18’s I think, which seems ridiculous.

He’s probably slightly unfortunate England youth squads are quite stacked at right back

53 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah that’s craig Bryson, circa 2015 he vanished...?

Joking aside, we bought McAllister thinking he had a minor injury but it turned out to keep him out for a year+ I think. Don’t think he’s ever made a first team appearance tho so dunno who you’re thinking of... elsnik did and then vanished?

Think it was a pre-season game. DO we have another Scottish youngster on our books with a similar name? It's driving me nuts now ?

On 18/03/2019 at 21:49, Ghost of Clough said:

Scotland U21s - Kyle McAllister

Slovenia U21s - Timi Elsnik and Sven Karic

Ireland U19s - Jason Knight and Festy Ebosele

England U18s - Morgan Whittaker

Ireland U18s - Eiran Cashin and Jaden Charles

Ireland U17s - Harry Halwax

Ireland U19s - Knight played the full 90 in a 5-0 win over Romania. Ireland play Azerbaijan on Saturday

England U18s - Whittaker played 75 mins and scored 1 in the 4-1 win over Japan. England play Czech Republic on Friday

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/whittaker-shines-for-england-under-18s

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The U23s will play Newcastle away in the Quarter Finals of the PL Cup.

The game will be played between 29th March and 1st April.

Other ties are:

Burnley v Leeds United

Everton or Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City

Thanks. That competition is wide open - just glad we've avoided Everton.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Scotland U21s - Play Mexico tomorrow and Sweden on Monday

Slovenia U21s - Play Georgia tomorrow 

Ireland U19s - Knight played the full 90 in a 5-0 win over Romania. Ireland play Azerbaijan on Saturday

England U18s - Whittaker played 75 mins and scored 1 in the 4-1 win over Japan. England play Czech Republic on Friday

Ireland U18s - Cashin started (maybe full 90) as Ireland lost 4-0 to Turkey

Ireland U17s - play Finland tomorrow and again on Monday 

Filled in a few blanks

Youth Internationals Update

Scotland U21s - McAllister started as Scotland drew 0-0 with Mexico. They play Sweden on Monday

Slovenia U21s - Elsnik and Karic both started as Slovenia lost 3-0 to Georgia 

Ireland U19s - Knight played the full 90 in a 5-0 win over Romania. Knight started and scored in a 3-1 win over Azerbaijan.

England U18s - Whittaker played 75 mins and scored in the 4-1 win over Japan. Whittaker didn’t play as they lost 1-0 to Czech Republic. England play Mexico on Sunday

Ireland U18s - Cashin started as Ireland lost 4-0 to Turkey

Ireland U17s - Halwax started as Ireland lost 1-0 to Finland. The two sides play each other again on Monday

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ireland U19s - Knight played the full 90 in a 5-0 win over Romania. Knight started and scored in a 3-1 win over Azerbaijan.

Figured he might have started when you said he had played the full 90 ?

Archived