Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

All 4 goals are high quality. I've said it before, I'll say it now, and I'll probably say it again - they're a joy to watch, at both age groups.

Heard it was another great Timi Elsnik strike so am delighted to see it. What happens to him for the remainder of the season? 

He's cup-tied so not under consideration for the Accrington Stanley game. Does he go out on loan again or has the time come to see if he can get a place on the bench as the season continues?

I'd rather see him in the U23s and training with the first team at times. 

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Heard it was another great Timi Elsnik strike so am delighted to see it. What happens to him for the remainder of the season? 

He's cup-tied so not under consideration for the Accrington Stanley game. Does he go out on loan again or has the time come to see if he can get a place on the bench as the season continues?

I'd rather see him in the U23s and training with the first team at times. 

I'm not sure there's a lot more that he can learn on loan. He knows how to handle himself in the rough and tumble of league football and he would be marking time.

I think it's time to test whether he can step up to Championship football - if Frank will give him the chance.

If Bradley Johnson and Joe Ledley are not in Frank's thoughts, I see no reason why Timi shouldn't force his way in there. That said, I think t'would be best if he were to find a L1 club to the end of the season and re-evaluate from there as I don't see him displacing any of Holmes/Wilson/Mount/Bryson with Max Bird seemingly the next in line.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I'm not sure there's a lot more that he can learn on loan. He knows how to handle himself in the rough and tumble of league football and he would be marking time.

I think it's time to test whether he can step up to Championship football - if Frank will give him the chance.

Before Frank's arrival, all the club's preseason marketing and PR featured Timi as the great hope of the academy. He went with the team to the Canaries and played a little of the Notts County friendly, but looked to be almost trying too hard to impress. Next thing we knew he was off to League Two for the entire season! I'm really glad he's back and hope he gets more of a chance.

With Thorne gone and Johnson and Butterfield seemingly not in contention, he'd be an interesting option to go alongside Mount, Wilson, Holmes and Bryson (who might yet go too). It's a shame he can't use the FA Cup as a way of staking a claim.

Archived