Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/01/2019 at 11:14, Ghost of Clough said:

Man Utd drew with PSV last night meaning we are through to the next round as long as Man Utd don't thrash PSG. Group winners and the two best runners up (from 6 groups) go through to the QFs.

Current standings:

image.png.ac701962f2f1110e0580f495159050b5.png

Southampton, Reading and Villareal are already through. 

Dinamo, Feyenoord/Leicester, Spurs/Bilbao, Brighton/Bayern, and Liverpool all have a chance of going through from other groups

I've read through since this was posted and don't see an update. If anyone doesn't know, Man Utd beat PSG by just enough (3-0) to prevent Derby from progressing. 

The two second-placed teams to progress where Leicester and Liverpool, I believe. They both managed 6 points.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lost 1-0 in the very last minute of extra time after a long punt downfield. Hasn't been a good day in the cups! ?

My best mates lad dislocated his shoulder in the game, he’s so having a tough time with injuries at Boro. These sort of things can make or break a fledgling career.

47 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

My best mates lad dislocated his shoulder in the game, he’s so having a tough time with injuries at Boro. These sort of things can make or break a fledgling career.

Should say the kid came off after 51 minutes, has an abundance of talent, this is the second time it’s happened to him though, already been out for near 9 months in his first year, just when they have meetings coming up to discuss retained lists and the kid is out for the rest of the season now......real upset lad they have at home ?.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lost 1-0 in the very last minute of extra time after a long punt downfield. Hasn't been a good day in the cups! ?

His Dad said our under 18’s totally outplayed them, hitting the post 3 times. They nicked it in truth and rated many of our youngsters against theirs. He told me Friday, they expected to get beat, such is our reputation becoming in junior circles.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived