v Mansfield Town (A) Match Thread

David

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mansfield is a nice little town which has recovered well from the closure of collieries. The level of infrastructure is commensurate with the size of the population. The football club has a committed owner and a nice stadium. 

45 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Mansfield is a nice little town which has recovered well from the closure of collieries. The level of infrastructure is commensurate with the size of the population. The football club has a committed owner and a nice stadium. 

And they’ve  got a frankie and bennies lol

(look I’m allowed to take the piss, half my mrs family are from round that way and there all red dogs)

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

I'm sorry but Mansfield Centre is one of the most run down areas I've ever been to. 

You can guarantee that from morning to night you will see somebody drugged out there head and you not knowing whether you are going to get your handbag nicked.

Everybody will have their own perception but my last visit there really was my last visit. I'd rather go to Sutton and that is saying something. 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

I'm sorry but Mansfield Centre is one of the most run down areas I've ever been to. 

You can guarantee that from morning to night you will see somebody drugged out there head and you not knowing whether you are going to get your handbag nicked.

Everybody will have their own perception but my last visit there really was my last visit. I'd rather go to Sutton and that is saying something. 

Mansfield has a good, Four Season shopping centre, new railway and bus station, all the regular shops and supermarkets for a town of its size, bowling alley, cinema, open air market, Nandos, Chiquita and Bella Italiano. The smaller shops are not boarded up. Football stadium is very good. There is a restaurant of every kind at relatively reasonable prices. Large park at Titchfield and Lake at Sutton reservoir. Fantastic hospital. 

Sutton in Ashfield is much smaller, the shopping mall is very good but the streets around it are dilapidated. Open air market was good but now too expensive for traders to Make money.

Fair Point about drug addicts in Mansfield which you can find everywhere these days. I have no evidence on handbag stealing but I will take your word for It. I do not Live in Mansfield but they have made good use of money from  Europe and the town centre is very acceptable in my opinion. Overall, Mansfield is still getting better but I suspect that Sutton is on the slide. Access to A38 and. M1 South and. North is very good. Traffic congestion is relatively low. Nice countryside all around and easy to get to Derbyshire countryside. Affordable housing. I have been to a lot worse places in Derbyshire which continue to deteriorate. I love Derby though, lived there for 16 years. Sam Clucas, ex Mansfield Town, looks like he may go to Burnley For £12 million. COYR ?

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Mansfield has a good, Four Season shopping centre, new railway and bus station, all the regular shops and supermarkets for a town of its size, bowling alley, cinema, open air market, Nandos, Chiquita and Bella Italiano. The smaller shops are not boarded up. Football stadium is very good. There is a restaurant of every kind at relatively reasonable prices. Large park at Titchfield and Lake at Sutton reservoir. Fantastic hospital. 

Sutton in Ashfield is much smaller, the shopping mall is very good but the streets around it are dilapidated. Open air market was good but now too expensive for traders to Make money.

Fair Point about drug addicts in Mansfield which you can find everywhere these days. I have no evidence on handbag stealing but I will take your word for It. I do not Live in Mansfield but they have made good use of money from  Europe and the town centre is very acceptable in my opinion. Overall, Mansfield is still getting better but I suspect that Sutton is on the slide. Access to A38 and. M1 South and. North is very good. Traffic congestion is relatively low. Nice countryside all around and easy to get to Derbyshire countryside. Affordable housing. I have been to a lot worse places in Derbyshire which continue to deteriorate. I love Derby though, lived there for 16 years. Sam Clucas, ex Mansfield Town, looks like he may go to Burnley For £12 million. COYR ?

I think you could sell snow to an Eskimo. ? 

6 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

I think you could sell snow to an Eskimo. ? 

The Eskimos (Innuits) have 42 words for snow as they need to explain what the snow conditions are like. Great opening line on a first date with an Eskimo girl - the snow (choose correct one out of 42) is great tonight, baby. Get the wrong word for snow and you are a gonner. ?

7 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

I think you could sell snow to an Eskimo. ? Rampage sells igoo full of snow to. ESKIMO jell. 

News flash - Rampage sells igloo full of snow on BOGOF basis. 

Update - snow turns to Ice in igloo. Rampage sells igloo full of ice on BOGOF basis. Buyer to Collect.  No time wasters or igloo kickers please. ?

Archived