Booing Butters’ Every Touch

cannable

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

TBF hes had a hard time since 2016.

Arrested at his own party over a mate biting his missus toe, think she binned him soon after that.

How many mangerial chances has he had since Clement signed him? Wasnt a bad player in his first season here.

Constantly played in deeper roles, (hes an advanced playmaker). Quality during his Barnsley and Huddersfield spells. 

GRs style didnt suit a Hughes or Butterfield type.

Weds ditched Carvalhol so was soon out the side.

Not had much luck if you ask me

Think that arrest story in The Sun turned out to be nonsense. He certainly married his long time girlfriend soon after. 

In fairness he doesn’t seem to do social media anymore, probably because of the stick he was getting. Shame, as I like to be nosey with our players. ?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Type of people to get upset by his comments are the type of people who are too thick to read his interview in context and just go by what their drunk pal said to them about it at the ground... 

Honestly TOUGHEN UP you snowflakes ? Never criticised the club, or our players. He rightly admitted the manager's style of play wasn't suited to him and that he wouldn't sit on the bench. 

duck me if I was a technically gifted player and Rowett was my manager I'd be gutted. The moron eased Hughes out of the side during the end of that season he arrived. 

53 minutes ago, Papahet said:

iTBF hes had a hard time since 2016.

Arrested at his own party over a mate biting his missus toe, think she binned him soon after that.

How many mangerial chances has he had since Clement signed him? Wasnt a bad player in his first season here.

Constantly played in deeper roles, (hes an advanced playmaker). Quality during his Barnsley and Huddersfield spells. 

GRs style didnt suit a Hughes or Butterfield type.

Weds ditched Carvalhol so was soon out the side.

Not had much luck if you ask me

Saw Butterfield out in Leeds the other night with his missus - she's heavily pregnant so assume they're getting on now!

I rate Butterfield, think he's technically gifted, has a good range of passing & can create chances. Plenty of players have turned it around at Derby & Lampard's style of play would seem to suit him - all depends whether he's up for the challenge.

Seem to recall bit of stick he got towards the tail end of 16/17 culminating in him equalising against Huddersfield & then cupping his ear to the South Stand - some may have interpreted his comments about wanting to join Wednesday permanently as more of a comment on them rather than just wanting to escape Rowett.

I never heard no boo mate not once but I think it what he said about derby fans how he joined a bigger club with better fans I think thats what hacked off other derby fans off and how he wanted join shiffield wednesday permeantley.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I never heard no boo mate not once but I think it what he said about derby fans how he joined a bigger club with better fans I think thats what hacked off other derby fans off and how he wanted join shiffield wednesday permeantley.

But he didn't say that though, did he? As I remember it, he simply suggested Sheffield Wednesday play a style that better suits his game so it's a good move for him

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Constantly played in deeper roles, (hes an advanced playmaker).

I’d argue the opposite. In his very first interview he stated words to the affect of; “I want to control games and be the one making the most passes on the pitch.” In fact, his very best performance for us was deep when he ran the show against Wolves.

He’s constantly been played as a number #8 which is why he looks slow, ponderous and negative because he isn’t particularly energetic and wants to slow the game down to his level. 

I think the midfield rotations yesterday may just prolong his Derby career.

19 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

After his performances and what he said he deserved it. As supports we pay enough money to boo if we feel it's warranted, I wasn't there today but with that being his first appearance since we'd let him go if have been tempted. Glad he's proved a few doubters wrong, the ability is clearly there he was if anything massively frustrating and there was a thought that we'd maybe coached some of his attacking mindedness out of him. If the boos motivate him, long may it continue ? 

I find the fact that you can't even write 'supporter' correctly very apt.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

He didn't say that - ever.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I find the fact that you can't even write 'supporter' correctly very apt.

I've already done the 'thick plank of wood' gag, but feel free to repeat it.

Just now, eddie said:

He didn't say that - ever.

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/8880/butterfield-says-move-to-wednesday-was-down-to-derbys-style-of-play/

He told the Sheffield Star that: “I spoke to my agent early last week and just said Derby’s style of play was not really the way I like to play my football.

“I just had a feeling that he [Rowett] wanted to play a more direct, physical style. I said I didn’t want to spend the season on the bench and my agent made some calls and I had a few options.

“Initially Derby were not considering a loan but I think as deadline day went on they needed to move some players to release some funds to make signings.

“I had a few options but Wednesday made their interest known on Thursday afternoon and it all happened very quickly.”

That is enough to warrant booing from a section of Derby fans? Precious bunch 

6 minutes ago, RAMesses III said:

Every pass you make

Every dive you fake

Any momentum you break

Wish you had been taken by the snake

I'll be booing you

I don't doubt it for a minute.

Before he went to Sheffield I never booed Butterfield but was guilty of quietly swearing and sighing in exasperation every time he destroyed the forward momentum. Given a few thousand other fans were quietly swearing and sighing in exasperation at the same time it produced quite a noise on a regular basis.

If he didn’t privately think back then that Derby fans were arse holes then he wouldn’t be human.

13 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Before he went to Sheffield I never booed Butterfield but was guilty of quietly swearing and sighing in exasperation every time he destroyed the forward momentum. Given a few thousand other fans were quietly swearing and sighing in exasperation at the same time it produced quite a noise on a regular basis.

If he didn’t privately think back then that Derby fans were arse holes then he wouldn’t be human.

I expect he will leave, but if he doesn’t, and somehow he has an amazing turnaround in form, becomes a key player again scoring screamers and linking everything up, he will be adored by those who currently boo him. 

Nowt much fickler than a footy fan.

I am sure I am in the minority here but if someone wants to voice their opinion and boo anyone then screw it let them.... does it really hurt anyone..? I’m 100% sure when Butterfield got home last night he didn’t give it a second thought and neither would I, I would just check my bank balance and laugh my head off.! 

Archived