Booing Butters’ Every Touch

cannable

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butters has never been as bad as people liked to make out. Always remember the three goal comeback against Bristol City under McClaren when he was slated for passing it backwards. 

Insitigated the move for all three goals didn’t he that day? 

4 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

After his performances and what he said he deserved it. As supports we pay enough money to boo if we feel it's warranted, I wasn't there today but with that being his first appearance since we'd let him go if have been tempted. Glad he's proved a few doubters wrong, the ability is clearly there he was if anything massively frustrating and there was a thought that we'd maybe coached some of his attacking mindedness out of him. If the boos motivate him, long may it continue ? 

Boooooo  

That is for your poor grammar, spelling, punctuation and general knobby thoughts on how supporters should support. I hope in time this motivates you to improve your posts. 

Our manager quite rightly has said he would like to assess the players. We ought to respect his wishes and let him judge whether a player is suitable for our team. Let's follow his example and put the past in the past and start with clean slate for all. It is a new start and booing our own players is unacceptable, achieves absolutely nothing that benefits the team. Please let's get behind our team and work together to motivate and encourage them. I just don't get negativity at the moment.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Butterfield’s professional???! I’d never slag off my employer/manager in public, guess £20k a week allows you to do whatever you want though

He said exactly what I’d have said in his position. He was clearly told that he was unlikely to be involved much by Rowett and got a sense that technical midfielders weren’t on his agenda. Often missed out entirely. And so instead of picking up a wage (that you nor I know the value of, btw) and sitting in the stiffs or at best on the bench, he took a move to a club who do play a more pass orientated game. It didn’t happen for him there and now he’s back here. 

Maybe he’s a busted flush? Maybe a miserable looking lad. And probably will move on soon. But booing him in a Rams shirt is the action of a complete fool.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

The Club, players and genuine fans can well do without people like you and @clarkeram7 claiming to support Derby yet giving little in the way of encouragement to OUR players. If we dropped  thousand or so in attendance numbers I'd be more than happy to accept if it meant the moronic idiots were to disappear. They are an embarrassment to our great club.

You won't be getting rid of me anytime soon. Sorry about that!

I go back a long way with this club.

FYI I have never booed a Rams player and never will.

But I will not stop expressing my opinion just as you have expressed yours!!

Got to be honest here and admit I thought he'd criticised some of the squad too. No idea where I got that from, Chinese whispers I guess. Fact is he's back and rather than sulk at the pointless abuse he was getting, he put up by all accounts and you've got to respect that. Again, being honest, I'm surprised as I'd have expected the opposite response but that's down to my own biases I guess. 

Thinking back to his early days, he did look a bit special at times. I think his demeanour probably made him an easy target but if he plays like we know he can, he'll convert me and any other doubters in no time. Sometimes it's great to be proved wrong and I still believe there's a massively talented and technically gifted player in him who can create plenty and chip in with 5 or 6 goals himself. 

Not terribly clued up around the formations thing which I know a lot of folk on here are, so quick question - can he and Bryso prosper in the same side or will it be either or?

If he'd just sat on the bench/reserves for a year, I'd have given him stick. He has tried to move on, which I appreciate. Now he has a second chance, and I'm sure he will try his hardest to get back onside with us.

Winnall said worse when he was with us. And we would have bought him because of it, which proves that it works. If Rowett has stayed of course. It's just modern football

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Butters has never been as bad as people liked to make out. Always remember the three goal comeback against Bristol City under McClaren when he was slated for passing it backwards. 

Insitigated the move for all three goals didn’t he that day? 

Have said this before, but people tend to forget that under Paul Clement (arguably up until the turn of the year) he was probably our best player. Did all the passing for Thorne and created movement for Johnson. Absolute class.

Has just ended up going wrong for him over and over again since then. Obviously, that's partly his fault. But he's been screwed over by our selections in managers, too. 

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

What was the Rowett song? Hope it was nasty and amusing.

I didn't hear the one referenced earlier, must have been at the other end of the stand.

But 'You can stick your Gary Rowett up your arse', followed by hissing snake noises was fun

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Probably something about Rowett being a fan of onanism, and indeed wearing a hat celebrating this, knowing how original our songs are. 

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It certainly was, perhaps too far really talking about stabbing him. Was based off the Stan collymore song, start of it was funny but it went too far imo. That said feel we do need a good Rowett bashing song to United the fans?

13 hours ago, Carnero said:

Out of interest, roughly what % of the Derby support were actually booing would those that were there estimate?

Not easy tell on the stream!

Was it just the usual moronic 5% that all clubs have or something more substantial?

@Millenniumram @angieram

Just a set few dick heads in the top right of the stand as you look at it , say what 20 out of the 4000 , they looked a bit daft though when we all applauded his every touch. Actually looked good today and really could do a job for us next season.

TBF hes had a hard time since 2016.

Arrested at his own party over a mate biting his missus toe, think she binned him soon after that.

How many mangerial chances has he had since Clement signed him? Wasnt a bad player in his first season here.

Constantly played in deeper roles, (hes an advanced playmaker). Quality during his Barnsley and Huddersfield spells. 

GRs style didnt suit a Hughes or Butterfield type.

Weds ditched Carvalhol so was soon out the side.

Not had much luck if you ask me

Archived