Booing Butters’ Every Touch

cannable

The one positive from this is the fans who, in response, cheered his touch to drown them out. Brilliant reaction.  What's in the past is in the past.  Forgive and forget. 

And if all DCFC fans cheer a player whenever some of our fans boo a player, it might lead to the player's confidence being lifted when they are going through a rough time.  They might even play better.  That might even lead to better results. That's kind of what 'support' is all about...it's why there is a 'home advantage'

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

"I spoke to my agent and just said Derby’s style of play was not really the way I like to play my football. I just had a feeling that he (Gary Rowett) wanted to play a more direct, physical style," Butterfield said.

"I said I didn’t want to spend the season on the bench and my agent made some calls and I had a few options."

Hardly the worst thing a player has ever said. 

If you look up the word supporter it says 'a person who approves of and encourages'....it doesnt say 'a person who feels like he or she has a right to abuse another person just because they have paid a few quid'

Its the first game of pre-season, not the time for people to show negativity....lampard must have been truly impressed.

Ah, but if you look up 'supports' (which was the word the poster you were quoting used), then it says "pit props or similar thick pieces of wood".

Sith Happens

Have just heard it was a big misunderstanding. Those in question apparently had spent a couple of hours in hooters pre match and were actually chanting boobs not boo.

Sith Happens
Just now, eddie said:

Ah, but if you look up 'supports' (which was the word the poster you were quoting used), then it says "pit props or similar thick pieces of wood".

Brilliant. Lol.

I was already criticising his post i didn't want to go overboard and criticise his spelling too.

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It seemed like a lot more than just a few dozen to me.

Credit to the group at the back who started cheering his every touch though, it soon spread and did the trick.

True supporters and absolutely the best way to beat the retards, specially if he was playing as well as a few comments suggest.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Brilliant. Lol.

I was already criticising his post i didn't want to go overboard and criticise his spelling too.

You know me. I try not to be confrontational, but sometimes, when slips out........

41 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It’s actually quite handy if you ever need confirmation of who in our fan base lacks class and is low in intelligence, they just confirm who they are, mostly at away games, thinking they are hard/clever when in fact they are actually the kind of simpletons we try to avoid in our day to day lives.

This is so true. I've tried having a word at times when I have been near such abuse and they then just have a go at me. Classy, badmouthing an older woman.

I wasn't there today so didn't witness this @Carnero

Should've kept his mouth shut he wasn't very professional.

He's also apparently not that good a player, otherwise a team he wanted to play for would've bought him?

Prove yourself with us, and then you can duck off and play for a team you really want to play for!!!

Unfortunately I was busy doing other things today so I didn't get chance to see the game. But why do we need to boo Butterfield? I can understand his frustration and want to play football. Put yourself in his position. If you thought you weren't going to play would you want to just sit on the bench? Probably not. 

There is a reason we paid the money we did for him. He was highly thought of at Huddersfield and if I recall he was their player of the year. So he obviously has ability. His style of football didn't suit the rowett style of play. However, I think Butterfield is a similar player to Frank Lampard. So I can see him being the player we know he can be in a Frank Lampard team. So let's get behind him so he can get his confidence back and be the player we need him to be. 

1 hour ago, clarkeram7 said:

After his performances and what he said he deserved it. As supports we pay enough money to boo if we feel it's warranted, I wasn't there today but with that being his first appearance since we'd let him go if have been tempted. Glad he's proved a few doubters wrong, the ability is clearly there he was if anything massively frustrating and there was a thought that we'd maybe coached some of his attacking mindedness out of him. If the boos motivate him, long may it continue ? 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

"I spoke to my agent and just said Derby’s style of play was not really the way I like to play my football. I just had a feeling that he (Gary Rowett) wanted to play a more direct, physical style," Butterfield said.

"I said I didn’t want to spend the season on the bench and my agent made some calls and I had a few options."

Hardly the worst thing a player has ever said. 

If you look up the word supporter it says 'a person who approves of and encourages'....it doesnt say 'a person who feels like he or she has a right to abuse another person just because they have paid a few quid'

Its the first game of pre-season, not the time for people to show negativity....lampard must have been truly impressed.

So what do you think now CR7?

do you think you are a bit of a ....?

15 minutes ago, ashram said:

He's also apparently not that good a player, otherwise a team he wanted to play for would've bought him?

Prove yourself with us, and then you can duck off and play for a team you really want to play for!!!

Very professional comments which have to be read by 2 clubs supporters.  One of the most talented players in the champ but needs his head sorted otherwise his career has gone.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

So what do you think now CR7?

do you think you are a bit of a ....?

I was trying to work out what it had got to do with Cristiano Ronaldo for a minute.

Whatever the guy is alleged to have said or didn't say he is still a Derby player.

As such if he is picked to play for the team and wears the shirt he represents Not himself but the club and all it stands for.

By booing and disrespecting him you not only disrespect our club but all of its supporters as well.

We as a club need to be above this sort of thing and show respect after all its only a game.

24 minutes ago, ashram said:

What did he say that wasn’t professional? Again, he said words to the affect of ‘I don’t think the manager’s style suited me and I didn’t want to warm the bench.’

Tell me what’s wrong about that. Go on!

Archived