Booing Butters’ Every Touch

cannable

41 minutes ago, ashram said:

Should've kept his mouth shut he wasn't very professional.

He's also apparently not that good a player, otherwise a team he wanted to play for would've bought him?

Prove yourself with us, and then you can duck off and play for a team you really want to play for!!!

Never have and never will boo a Derby County footballer. I'll leave that to others. However I mean what I say!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The treatment of Butterfield was poor. He played ok, nothing special. Not as good as Bryson, Huddlestone or Johnson on today’s showing.

I’d be surprised if he was a main part of the team this season, not because of the fans, but because his career seems to have completely stalled and we already have better options even before we recruit.

He’s a sub at best and as he’s already stated he doesn’t like sitting on the bench so I can’t see a future for him here.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Harsh on Butters. I think he needs to go. Not because I think he couldn't necessarily perform anymore, however because it's now a toxic environment for him. He needs a fresh start at a new club. 

No its the horseholes who booed him who need to go. No doubt the same morons who verbally abused carson away at burton.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

No its the horseholes who booed him who need to go. No doubt the same morons who verbally abused carson away at burton.

I don't disagree. But be realistic here, unfortunately for Butterfield he's the scapegoat now. I think it would be best for him to move so he can reignite his career and prove them wrong. I think he might struggle to do that here, because people will be on his back for every mistake.

The boos were ridiculous. Cannot for the life of me understand booing your own players. Johnson had it a couple of years back too. It’s embarrassing. 

I’m in a small minority on here who’ve always rated the lad and I still believe he can offer us something different. But I think he will move on/be moved on. We are stacked in centre mid and no doubt FL will want one or two of his own in too. 

And I don’t think Butters will get a chance with our fans either, as evidenced today. Shame, but probably for the best. 

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't disagree. But be realistic here, unfortunately for Butterfield he's the scapegoat now. I think it would be best for him to move so he can reignite his career and prove them wrong. I think he might struggle to do that here, because people will be on his back for every mistake.

Another person who advocates a transfer policy instigated by brainless knuckle-draggers - "for the good of the player concerned".

Bloody social worker.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

These ******** weren’t far behind me, right got on my nerves. The rowett chant was one thing since he’s left us (tho that wasn’t exactly right either) but booing your own player?! Don’t get it.

bankers

You were near me then. I was in the blue Derby training top and blue shorts.

I had a go at them.

Called the ringleader out and asked him why he was doing it. Said it was a joke.

He's the ducking joke.

Also, the Rowett chant about snapping his back. Come off it boys. Why not sing Lampard's name. Not 10 minutes of complete poo.

Not read through this thread as a bit bleary, but my take on today was that yes he was booed when he touched the ball when he first came on, however most fans shot the boo-ers down, the rest of the match was cheered when he passed it forward, ironic cheers yes maybe. I’m sure he’ll survive.

Only one person can turn this around and that is Butterfield with his performances on the pitch.Seen this situation lots of times over the years at lots of clubs.......down to the player to get everyone back on his side by using it to motivate himself.

1 hour ago, ashram said:

He's also apparently not that good a player, otherwise a team he wanted to play for would've bought him?

Prove yourself with us, and then you can duck off and play for a team you really want to play for!!!

Snowflakes I seek them here..... I seek them there..... 

Jacob should use his Twitter account to say a few words. No apology about what he said when joining Wednesday on loan, but just a few words to shut the Twatters up.... was a disgrace booing him, as was the Rowett chant. We are all big boys, please behave like one. Took the shine off a very nice DCFC day in the sunshine. ?

1 hour ago, ashram said:

The Club, players and genuine fans can well do without people like you and @clarkeram7 claiming to support Derby yet giving little in the way of encouragement to OUR players. If we dropped  thousand or so in attendance numbers I'd be more than happy to accept if it meant the moronic idiots were to disappear. They are an embarrassment to our great club.

43 minutes ago, eddie said:

Another person who advocates a transfer policy instigated by brainless knuckle-draggers - "for the good of the player concerned".

Bloody social worker.

So what do you propose then? We ban all fans who dare to boo Butterfield? We'd probably ban quite a lot of our fans that way. It's more realistic to move him on.

If you don’t like Butterfield then fair enough but what does booing him actually achieve. So stupid. Was happy that other people were clapping Butterfield when he touched the ball to drown out the boos. In the end he might go to another club, but while he’s at Derby I’ll show him my support.

Archived