Sign in to follow this  
rynny

Cancer Research - 24 hour relay

Tomorrow (well today now)  I am part of a team that is doing a 24 hour relay, it is to raise money for cancer research, we have been raising money throughout the year through various events and activities.

The relay takes place on the running track at Shobnall Leisure Complex in Burton, starting at 11am, people are more than welcome to come along as there are stalls around the track which vary from lucky dips for the kids, tombola, raffle etc. Billy and Betty Brewer will be there also. 

We have a page where we can receive donations of anyone is feeling charitable, it would be greatly appreciated. Also explains a lot better than me what it is for (if you want your donation to be added on mine click on Stephen 😉)

Thank you reading, and if anyone is taking part good luck. 

http://relay.cancerresearchuk.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/General?team_id=11433&pg=team&fr_id=1784

Edited by rynny

17 hours ago, rynny said:

Tomorrow (well today now)  I am part of a team that is doing a 24 hour relay, it is to raise money for cancer research, we have been raising money throughout the year through various events and activities.

The relay takes place on the running track at Shobnall Leisure Complex in Burton, starting at 11am, people are more than welcome to come along as there are stalls around the track which vary from lucky dips for the kids, tombola, raffle etc. Billy and Betty Brewer will be there also. 

We have a page where we can receive donations of anyone is feeling charitable, it would be greatly appreciated. Also explains a lot better than me what it is for (if you want your donation to be added on mine click on Stephen 😉)

Thank you reading, and if anyone is taking part good luck. 

http://relay.cancerresearchuk.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/General?team_id=11433&pg=team&fr_id=1784

Well done mate,great cause👏👏👏👏

Last hour 😴

Soon find out how much everyone has raised. 

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, it isn't just the single 24 hours, money is raised throughout the year and some really good events. 

Back home now, gonna have a snooze 😂

Thank you for the donations @Angry Ram, @DC-1975 and @coneheadjohn and @Mrs Cone (as well as those u have thanked already)

At the end of the relay everyone participating had raised just over £35,000 with sponsorship cash to collect,and a few more events to take place, so hopefully can add another £1000 on top of that.

Thank you all again. 

On 15/07/2018 at 12:22, rynny said:

Back home now, gonna have a snooze 😂

Thank you for the donations @Angry Ram, @DC-1975 and @coneheadjohn and @Mrs Cone (as well as those u have thanked already)

At the end of the relay everyone participating had raised just over £35,000 with sponsorship cash to collect,and a few more events to take place, so hopefully can add another £1000 on top of that.

Thank you all again. 

Well done mate xx

As you can see I took part in the 24 hour relay last year for cancer research. This year more teams are needed to compete, if anyone is interested in taking part the registration is now open for the Derby and Burton relay. It takes place at Shobnall Leisure centre and is on 27th July. 

https://relay.cancerresearchuk.org/site/TR?fr_id=1913&pg=entry

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, if you want to message that's fine.