World Cup 2022 - Winter

Andicis

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute load of balls. If Derby County ceased to exist, I'd quite happily never watch a football match again in my life.

The sport is run by *****.

10 minutes ago, needles said:

In fact...I hereby commit to a complete stop on watching any and all international football.

Well good for you. 

All this bluster is for what exactly?

10 minutes ago, needles said:

In fact...I hereby commit to a complete stop on watching any and all international football.

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Well good for you. 

All this bluster is for what exactly?

I said what I thought, and what I'm going to do.

Bluster? If you like. What is it for?  Well, it's an expression of my views and actions, and has no other purpose.

30 minutes ago, needles said:

I said what I thought, and what I'm going to do.

Bluster? If you like. What is it for?  Well, it's an expression of my views and actions, and has no other purpose.

Oh thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was shameless attention seeking. Now it’s clear. 

How Annoying

The year is 2022. Frank Lampard’s Derby County lie 3rd in the premier league table making a move on the top two spaces. His team of young International’s plucked from the Chelsea, Man City and West Ham Academy in 2019 have been chosen to represent their prospective countries. Nick Blackman and Craig Forsyth, still on Derby’s books are forced off the bench to start. Derby dramatically capitulate as their weakened side feeds straight in to the February decline. Lampard is sacked and Mac3 is finally initiated.

Sith Happens

Its more the times games will kick off, reports we could be watching at gone midnight so games wont have the heat even in winter 

They promised air-conditioned stadiums which won't happen now, on that basis they should put it somewhere else 

Bidding process aside, this is the "World" Cup, unfair to basically rule out countries from hosting it due to their climate not suiting tradition. 

It's like 40°+ out there this week during the day and 30 through the night, it's just not possible to play in that weather. 

Will be different, probably the only one we will all ever likely see played in November. 

Remember all those saying Russia wasn't fit to host a World Cup, racist behaviour and all Englishmen would be beheaded whilst out?

1 hour ago, David said:

Bidding process aside, this is the "World" Cup, unfair to basically rule out countries from hosting it due to their climate not suiting tradition. 

It's like 40°+ out there this week during the day and 30 through the night, it's just not possible to play in that weather. 

Will be different, probably the only one we will all ever likely see played in November. 

Remember all those saying Russia wasn't fit to host a World Cup, racist behaviour and all Englishmen would be beheaded whilst out?

It is unfair to rule out countries based on climates alone. If Brazil had climates that hot in the summer and it was moved to winter, there probably wouldn't be too many complaints.

However moving it so a country who have no footballing history and have to build brand new cities, let alone stadiums, in order to host it is probably a stretch too far. There are so many more countries who would've been more suitable to host this WC and by granting it to Qatar, Blatter may have just came out to announce it with "We are corrupt" written on his forehead. Its as good an admission as you're going to get.

It’ll be just like the African Cup of Nations, but on a broader scale.

It’ll be interesting to see if games in the football league/Prem grind to a halt, or whether there’ll be an Autumn break - however, can a minimum of a 6 week break be managed, with the players having to be released a couple of weeks before the tournament starts?

Shouldn’t be there full stop, no football history, no football infrastructure, wrong climate, and disruption to the traditional football calendar. I really hope due to the current political climate in that region it gets pulled and moved to somewhere more suitable. 

Archived