FIVE LIVE!

Carnero

They should probably offer the pre season package free of charge to season ticket holders, just to trail the service for away games like.

I've not seen RamsTV coverage, honest guv, is it any good?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

They were free last year to trial it, do you think it was free for the club to do? Is it ridiculous for them to want to start getting some money back on their investment? Especially at a time when we all know that the club needs to raise funds. 

If audio subscribers got the friendlies at a fraction of the price that video subscribers got them then there would be an uproar. After all they have paid for video. 

Have I said it’s ridiculous? 

And you’re trying to tell me that we’re so financially buggered that we’ve been reduced to charging people who already pay £40 a year for RamsTV another £20?

I don’t really blame the club for trying to make extra money. I understand how it works. I just think it’s poo, considering (in my opinion) I already pay £40 for not a lot of content. Especially seeing how much is free. 

28 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have I said it’s ridiculous? 

And you’re trying to tell me that we’re so financially buggered that we’ve been reduced to charging people who already pay £40 a year for RamsTV another £20?

I don’t really blame the club for trying to make extra money. I understand how it works. I just think it’s poo, considering (in my opinion) I already pay £40 for not a lot of content. Especially seeing how much is free. 

I'm with you buddy.

Time to investigate how to visit New York on a match day methinks ??

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'm with you buddy.

Time to investigate how to visit New York on a match day methinks ??

You don't want to go there, Fox have the streaming rights so it's not so good.

Madrid is always lovely though, and a nicer flight.

10 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Last year was all part of the learning / launch process.  Perfectly understandable that there is a cost this year.

Existing Rams TV subscribers ought to get it inclusive though.

Yes, I was under the impression that they used the pre-season games last year to try out the technology and iron out the teething troubles. The pre-season games went without a hitch. The problem was that the service got progressively as the season went on.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

You don't want to go there, Fox have the streaming rights so it's not so good.

Madrid is always lovely though, and a nicer flight.

You’d still need to buy a subscription or match pass though, so what are you saving?

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

They should probably offer the pre season package free of charge to season ticket holders, just to trail the service for away games like.

I've not seen RamsTV coverage, honest guv, is it any good?

Owen's an excellent presenter, and the punditry is usually alright - they get the highlights at HT and FT just like any normal televised match (although it's also shown in the stadium so they can't show certain replays).

The commentator is a bit radio-ey and I find it quite tedious, he's also the embodiment of Alan Partridge (this isn't just the opinion of many RamsTV viewers, old Villa comments when he was their commentator said the same thing). Shane Nicholson is an alright analyst though, and it's nice to have a member of the commentary team who celebrates when we score.

In truth, for many games I have it muted or quiet and on a second monitor while I do something else.

But it's certainly better than being stuck with the radio for folks who can't go. I love being able to watch every game.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The commentator is a bit radio-ey and I find it quite tedious, he's also the embodiment of Alan Partridge

I used to find him annoying, yet now I find his Partridgisms hilarious.

"VYDRAAAAAAAA! MAT-CHAY VYDRA! THE TOP SCORER! THE SHARP SHOOTER! THE SUPER SUB! AND PRIDE PARK GOES AB-SOL-UTE-LY MENTAL!!! 2-1!"

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I used to find him annoying, yet now I find his Partridgisms hilarious.

"VYDRAAAAAAAA! MAT-CHAY VYDRA! THE TOP SCORER! THE SHARP SHOOTER! THE SUPER SUB! AND PRIDE PARK GOES AB-SOL-UTE-LY MENTAL!!! 2-1!"

I feel like I'm laughing at him though, rather than with him - and thus it's hard for me to say he's not really irritating.

If he's a genius playing a comedy character on a very small stage and never letting anyone in on the joke, I bow down to him - but I don't think that's likely ? 

Quite right that people living in the UK should be charged. It's not a charity and 20 quid is still cheaper than paying for a match day ticket for most games. Remember RamsTV is for supporters abroad primarily, we still get charged a premium and don't get to see all DCFC games. 

Personally, whilst Twenty might be plenty for a match day ticket, I think £15 for all the friendlies would have been a reasonable price. £20 just seems a lot of cash for unreliable coverage of what will be relatively dull fare after Lamps opening game at Notts C.

Just gone to buy the package ready for tomorrow and have this warning about being billed multiple times as I have an active subscription, currently paying the £4pm still from last season for the UK package.

Gone in to my streaming account but it's just a history of transactions.

Do you just ignore the warning as it just means the £4 monthly will taken still as well as the £20 for pre season games? 

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 21.07.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 21.06.59.png

12 hours ago, David said:

Just gone to buy the package ready for tomorrow and have this warning about being billed multiple times as I have an active subscription, currently paying the £4pm still from last season for the UK package.

Gone in to my streaming account but it's just a history of transactions.

Do you just ignore the warning as it just means the £4 monthly will taken still as well as the £20 for pre season games? 

It'll be easy to get a refund if they take too much I imagine. But I reckon they'll take £4 & £20.

More interesting is this in the FAQs:

"Browser and device restrictions

Please note, due to the EFL broadcasting rights, you will not be able to watch RamsTV through a television, other than using a HDMI Cable. All other means are strictly forbidden under this ruling. This includes any airplay devices such as AppleTV and Chromecast."

How will they know?

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It'll be easy to get a refund if they take too much I imagine. But I reckon they'll take £4 & £20.

Please note, due to the EFL broadcasting rights, you will not be able to watch RamsTV through a television, other than using a HDMI Cable. All other means are strictly forbidden under this ruling. This includes any airplay devices such as AppleTV and Chromecast."

How will they know?

Basically casting to Apple TV doesn’t work. You get sound only, no image.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will they know?

Think that's always been there about the EFL broadcasting rights hasn't it? 

Anyhow, paid up, cleared the sofa ready and popped a bottle of water in the fridge. Looks like it was just a warning that probably doesn't take into account the pre season being a one off charge. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

Think that's always been there about the EFL broadcasting rights hasn't it? 

Anyhow, paid up, cleared the sofa ready and popped a bottle of water in the fridge. Looks like it was just a warning that probably doesn't take into account the pre season being a one off charge. 

I don't know, I didn't really consider it seriously last season (for the U23s) as I couldn't (be bothered to) sideload the Firestick and I didn't have Chromecast. Just wondered more seriously this as there will be 'real' games available. Plus we're out in the sticks, no fibre, and an unreliable download speed.

Is the water for your whisky?! ? Prefer mine neat!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know, I didn't really consider it seriously last season (for the U23s) as I couldn't (be bothered to) sideload the Firestick and I didn't have Chromecast. Just wondered more seriously this as there will be 'real' games available. Plus we're out in the sticks, no fibre, and an unreliable download speed.

Is the water for your whisky?! ? Prefer mine neat!

The under 23s can be cast as they’re not covered by the EFL rights.

Archived