FIVE LIVE!

Carnero

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Last year was all part of the learning / launch process.  Perfectly understandable that there is a cost this year.

Existing Rams TV subscribers ought to get it inclusive though.

Looks like existing overseas subscribers will get the friendlies included within their monthly package  

That's annoying.

I'm starting to wonder what I pay for now. Most of the interviews and videos on there are usually labelled as "free" or just pop up on youtube anyway. And now no pre-season games without an extra cost?

Looks like I'm paying £40 for Radio Derby commentary and full game replays the day after, then...

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Where did you see that?

What about UK subscribers?

Explains it all in the below article. Overseas video subscribers will not need to pay extra and there will be no audio only commentary as BBC Radio Derby will not be doing any live coverage.   

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/catch-every-moment-of-franks-first-five-live-with-ramstv 

Before RamsTV launched no one knew how good it would be, and to draw people in and build a customer base they offered a lot for free. But the overall point is to make money, with Mel vocal that the rights have not been properly exploited by the League. It can't be run at a loss forever as that defeats the object. 

No problem with the club charging to watch live games from home. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Before RamsTV launched no one knew how good it would be, and to draw people in and build a customer base they offered a lot for free. But the overall point is to make money, with Mel vocal that the rights have not been properly exploited by the League. It can't be run at a loss forever as that defeats the object. 

No problem with the club charging to watch live games from home. 

Yep, hardly a first freemium approach nowadays, is it?

To clarify, I wasn't expecting "free" stuff.

I already pay a monthly subscription, so expected the friendlies to be free for current subscribers (both UK & overseas).

Hey ho, I do see the logic I guess.

I now presume that this'll also be the case for any other games (midweek, etc) that Rams TV will now be able to stream live in the UK if they aren't on SKY. I was naively thinking that these would be included in the monthly subscriptions (both UK & overseas) but guess that this won't be the case either!

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I now presume that this'll also be the case for any other games (midweek, etc) that Rams TV will now be able to stream live in the UK if they aren't on SKY. I was naively thinking that these would be included in the monthly subscriptions (both UK & overseas) but guess that this won't be the case either!

The friendlies are included in your subscription if you read the article but only for overseas, otherwise video subscribers would complain that audio subscribers are getting the same service in these friendlies for less than half the price, which of course is unfair. 

I image the UK streams will also be included in your subscription. If you are video subscriber you get everything.  

1 hour ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

The friendlies are included in your subscription if you read the article but only for overseas, otherwise video subscribers would complain that audio subscribers are getting the same service in these friendlies for less than half the price, which of course is unfair. 

I image the UK streams will also be included in your subscription. If you are video subscriber you get everything.  

So all subscribers who are based in the UK (and pay an annual fee £40) will have to pay £20 (half the annual fee) to watch our pre-season friendlies - which was free to do last year?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

So all subscribers who are based in the UK (and pay an annual fee £40) will have to pay £20 (half the annual fee) to watch our pre-season friendlies - which was free to do last year?

They were free last year to trial it, do you think it was free for the club to do? Is it ridiculous for them to want to start getting some money back on their investment? Especially at a time when we all know that the club needs to raise funds. 

If audio subscribers got the friendlies at a fraction of the price that video subscribers got them then there would be an uproar. After all they have paid for video. 

Archived