Embargo

Nuwtfly

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be very surprised if we were given our dealings so far this window.

If we were close enough to risk being slapped with an embargo, Vydra would already be gone. I'm not sure who the six will be, but our actions, or lack of them, suggest it won't be us.

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

We know two for sure.  Villa and Birmingham City. QPR fans have been on here saying they cannot spend, so that's another.

I’d say sheff Wednesday as well, very similar to us over recent years.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Forest in there.

Operating loss of £23m but a paper profit of £32m due to a loan write off?

Probably why they've got their business done early, before the league bring them to heel.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I'd be very surprised if we were given our dealings so far this window.

If we were close enough to risk being slapped with an embargo, Vydra would already be gone. I'm not sure who the six will be, but our actions, or lack of them, suggest it won't be us.

This.

I can easily imagine there isn't a lot of wriggle room hence nothing in until vydra goes, but not in breech.

The other speculation I heard is the notion of a "soft embargo" where the league have said we're not putting one on but if you start spending without bringing in, we will, which would save a lot of face and let clubs get right side without undue hassle.

38 minutes ago, David said:

Why only hashtag Birmingham and “upto 6” and “could”, seems a bit speculative from someone that’s moved from Sky Sports to a click generator. 

Not seen any other outlet run the story.

Oi, dunna start doubting him now! He's just put up a story about Mount coming to Derby so we need him to be reliable! ?

(Although the article is a bit click-baity because it starts off by saying their sources understand Mount will sign a new deal before joining us on loan, but then finishes the article saying Chelsea are still deciding where to send him but we're confident it'll be us)

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Oi, dunna start doubting him now! He's just put up a story about Mount coming to Derby so we need him to be reliable! ?

(Although the article is a bit click-baity because it starts off by saying their sources understand Mount will sign a new deal before joining us on loan, but then finishes the article saying Chelsea are still deciding where to send him but we're confident it'll be us)

Always liked him tbh

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’d welcome a 12 month transfer embargo. Would ensure Mel can’t make any more howlers before half our squad is out of contract next summer.

I'm still worried about us extending these contracts, for that reason alone thank god Roger has gone.

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’d welcome a 12 month transfer embargo. Would ensure Mel can’t make any more howlers before half our squad is out of contract next summer.

That’s hardly fair - Mel pays the bills and according to up coming court cases he didn’t sanction some of those contracts it seems and another issue about FFP is that they don’t have to give you a transfer embargo it could be a range of options even point deductions

On 11/07/2018 at 17:25, McLovin said:

I wonder if Leeds are one of the six, a few of their fans seem worried.

I can't find it, but somebody posted an article on here somewhere saying Leeds, Forest, Derby and Wednesday were all at risk of embargo's. However I would like to think of those Derby at least should be safe now.

Archived