Reading (A) Tickets

Leamington Ram

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Tickets bought today - can’t wait - never been. Anyone help out on best parking available please near the ground? Been told it’s the worst away day of the season ? Thanks

Went last season, it’s a bit gash, dull stadium/fans, enjoy!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Redcar said:

I’m missing the Leeds game ? so need a fix.... my lad is buzzin tho. So looking forward to it.

Went last season. We got the shuttle bus from town. There’s not much going on around the ground so probably best to drink in town then bus or drive up. There’s a few car parks next to the ground. Nice pub connected to the train station, that was lively with Derby fans last year 

This is the one i enjoy, get in the car, 5 minutes later at the stadium (Woodley is just outside Reading) and 90 minutes later come back with a smile and 3 points?

anyone need advice on places to stay , eat or drink drop me a line....for those that dont know, dont try and walk from the train station...its miles

COYR’s....getting excited.....oops i think that was a little bit of wee lol ?

According to the website only 39 tickets left, can not wait for this now, will deffo get some extra, I deffo think we will take over 2000 now, which is a great following for a Friday night live game on sky, got a feeling the Frank effect will improve attendances at home and away.

On 21/07/2018 at 07:32, Doodle said:

Went last season. We got the shuttle bus from town. There’s not much going on around the ground so probably best to drink in town then bus or drive up. There’s a few car parks next to the ground. Nice pub connected to the train station, that was lively with Derby fans last year 

Things are a bit better around the ground but still not great.  There is now a screen outside which shows the early kick off game (if there is one).  There's also a lot more drink stands and food places, benches, etc...

Planning has been agreed for lots of apartment blocks, business centre, pubs and restaurants next to the round.  That is someway off, probably 3-5 years, but it's desperately needed.  

Also, next year there will be a train station next to the ground. It's already in place I think, the line's just not ready and the train company need to sort out a schedule for it.  That should help the shuttle bus bottle neck - which I would agree is really bleak transport method.

In terms of car parks, most I think are £8 or £10.  Personally, I park around Blandford Road and Hartland Road.  That's 20 minutes walk to the ground.  If you parked near the stadium you'd be stuck in traffic after the game, so I don't mind the walk back.  It also saves a bit of money.  

22 hours ago, Derby blood said:

According to the website only 39 tickets left, can not wait for this now, will deffo get some extra, I deffo think we will take over 2000 now, which is a great following for a Friday night live game on sky, got a feeling the Frank effect will improve attendances at home and away.

I saw that but now there are over 500 tickets left. The allocation has not been increased according to the ticket web page?

11 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

Things are a bit better around the ground but still not great.  There is now a screen outside which shows the early kick off game (if there is one).  There's also a lot more drink stands and food places, benches, etc...

Planning has been agreed for lots of apartment blocks, business centre, pubs and restaurants next to the round.  That is someway off, probably 3-5 years, but it's desperately needed.  

Also, next year there will be a train station next to the ground. It's already in place I think, the line's just not ready and the train company need to sort out a schedule for it.  That should help the shuttle bus bottle neck - which I would agree is really bleak transport method.

In terms of car parks, most I think are £8 or £10.  Personally, I park around Blandford Road and Hartland Road.  That's 20 minutes walk to the ground.  If you parked near the stadium you'd be stuck in traffic after the game, so I don't mind the walk back.  It also saves a bit of money.  

I went last year and there was some bars outside the ground. I wasn’t over impressed with the choice of beer but it was wet. It will be ok to go to them in August but it was a bit nippy in February. 

I parked in an area called Whitley I think that is what it's called on the map although I wasn't confident my car would still be there when I got back.

All the pubs I went passed didn't look like they were accepting any more people in.

Archived