Villa need to sell to avoid administration

Woodley Ram

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How have they managed to bypass FFP?

Talks of paying Bruce off 2m and bringing in Henry and Bould, surely that would damage them even more with FFP? Also demanding 30 odd million or more for Grealish? I really don’t get how someone buying Dr Xia out would have helped them to be more relaxed re FFP, would surely do the opposite if you’re paying managers off and what not.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Papahet said:

How have they managed to bypass FFP?

Talks of paying Bruce off 2m and bringing in Henry and Bould, surely that would damage them even more with FFP? Also demanding 30 odd million or more for Grealish? I really don’t get how someone buying Dr Xia out would have helped them to be more relaxed re FFP, would surely do the opposite if you’re paying managers off and what not.

Seems to be the way, afterall forest have done it. New owners fawaz wrote off loads of debt, suddenly jumping up and down and spending loads of money.

If its as easy as that mel could sell to his wife for a quid and do it all again. 

That said i actually dont agree with ffp aslong as there is no risk to other businesses with any debt. 

On 10/07/2018 at 06:49, NottsRam77 said:

i mean Henry Lansbury has literally disappeared off the face of the earth since joining them and he’ll be on a right pretty penny 

Sorry to go back to this, but don't listen to the others.  The way you used literally is an accepted informal usage according to modern dictionaries. So you can ignore the pedants on that one.

Speaking of pedantry, I feel the need to point out to @Grimbeard that the Earth is not a sphere but an oblate spheroid as it is not perfectly round but flattened at the poles. ?

5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Sorry to go back to this, but don't listen to the others.  The way you used literally is an accepted informal usage according to modern dictionaries. So you can ignore the pedants on that one.

Speaking of pedantry, I feel the need to point out to @Grimbeard that the Earth is not a sphere but an oblate spheroid as it is not perfectly round but flattened at the poles. ?

A good point, well made. I'll do penance immediately.

Archived